“Unhappy”

Ranked #134 of 2,447 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$17 - US$31
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Brazilian steakhouse, offering unlimited supply of fifteen different cuts of BBQ meat served at the table
“Unhappy”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I purchsed two itison vouchers, and made the booking through the dedicated Viva Brazil weblink via the itison site, submitting both voucher codes. An email confirmation and confirmation text message followed and two days prior to the booking I received a reminder email and reminder text message, all correspondence included the voucher codes and booking details.

Upon arrival, the booking was confirmed and we were led to our table and all was well. A 10-minute wait for drinks was fine as we perused the vegetable and salad bars. Excellent selection however everything was very salty, from the sweet potato to the cassava to the cabbage. We found the cuts of beef extremely rare and the pork and gammon was verging on raw. Also, the meat was very fatty and we certainly made use of the scraps bowl. Two diners on the next table had to complain about raw chicken.

Then the fun began.... ....I remembered we got two cocktails with the deal so upon enquiring with a waitress, she went away and returned with a very abrupt waitress who demanded to see our paper vouchers. Now, I understand that the vouchers and emails state that the paper vouchers must be printed and handed in, however due to amount of electronic confirmations and reminders and also the prior submission of the voucher codes upon booking, I did not think they would be required. Oh I was so wrong.

I was then put into the uncomfortable position of having to access my email account on my friend's mobile so I could email them to the restaurant while the waitress stood over us. The whole process took about 20 minutes and we weren't even able to finish the meal then deal with the admin afterwards at the till area. I found it embarrassing, unprofessional, rude and intimidating.

Despite the meal being on a deal, I found it overpriced and of poor quality. Most staff were friendly and efficient however a couple of members of frontline staff might want some customer service training.

Won't be recommending!

3 Thank BlueMoon1974

• Greek first
  • Polish first
Dunlop, East Ayrshire
“Disappointing, everything Buddie115 below says is spot on.”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We had decided to either go back to Tropeiro or try Viva Brazil for the first time today (a Sunday around 6pm), and chose to try Viva Brazil......wrong choice. As per Buddie115 review, we were a party of 2. We were told we could have an unreserved table as long as we were out within one hour, due to another reservation. That would have been fine but it was roughly 20 minutes before we had even received our colas! After having to find my own fork and waste bowl from other tables, we sat with our salads for quite a while (which in fairness were delicious, but not worth £20!!) before any meat came our way, despite the waiters frequently going to nearby tables. After getting pretty agitated (due to the time constraint) and hungry I was about request some meat, but then it finally came. Disappointingly, the meat slices were fatty, very small and in my opinion either under or over-cooked (either burned or raw). We found it extremely difficult to get the waitresses attention to order our desserts (again, bearing in mind our time limit of an hour). When they came, the desserts were disgusting but at least they were included in the price!!!

In summary, the salad choice was varied and tasted pretty good. The service, the choice of meats and quality of the meat was poor at best.

2 Thank Jamie H
Dear Jamie,
Thank you for leaving your first 2 review and personal opinion about Viva Brazil Glasgow. We do take all comments on boards and act immediately to feedback, so rest assure that your comments are noted. As i've explained to a previous feedback our Passadors are trained to cut the meet in a linear way so that the guest can ask for more if they wish to do so and also to leave room for other kinds of meat. Least to say you can ask for more if you like a particular cut of meat and I'm positive that the Passadors would be more than happy to serve you more meat. In your other feedback you mentioned the price of our Coke, the drink that you had was a pint and our prices are in line with other establishment of the same caliber. We do trim our beef and as you can appreciate as a meat lover, the fat will give the taste to the beef. I'm surprise that I didn't receive any comments from my Duty manager regarding dessert. If you had come forward at the time we would have change it for you with one that matched your taste buds. I would love to talk to you regarding your experience in Viva Brazil Glasgow and also to change your mind about our brands and service. Please call me on 01412040240 at your earliest convenience.

“GARLIC”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

First visit to Viva Brazil, we did not have a booking and had a look through the window - did not look busy so decided to try our luck. Waitress told us we could have a table for 1and a half hours as she had a another booking. First off restuarant was half empty and did not change for the duration of our stay! Salad bar looked delish with loads of variety, upon tucking in one word - GARLIC! When the meat arrived -GARLIC! I am not adverse to garlic but it really was just too much, which is a shame as I couldn't enjoy the food. £70 for 3 of us and I'm thinking it would have been less than half the price for a Sunday carvery. Atmosphere, decor and service all fantastic, so if you truly love garlic in everything then its the place to go.

Hi There,

Thank you for your review about us. Your comments are taking seriously and addressed to right person for action. It depends the day that you visit us the restaurant is filled to the maximum capacity. We do allow walk in during weekends with a reduced time of 1/30 minutes and keep 30 minutes for reset and for eventual delays on service (which happened to you). Our system allow us to resell the table while empty so all our guests have a chance to dine with us. I'm extremely happy that you found the service, atmosphere and decor to your liking, and if you would allow me to discuss further your experience and win your confidence again on us it would be appreciated.
My number is 01412040240.

SCOTLAND
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 11 July 2012 via mobile

Went on a Saturday night and as expected the place was jumping , as a party of 2 we were seated in amongst large groups and in the main route to the kitchen/toilets which was not a great start. We helped ourselves to the buffet and awaited the meats however this was very slow to start and then was very inconsistent and sometimes felt like we were being ignored. The quality of the food was ok but some of slices of meat were tiny and you were never offered more than one piece at a time. All in all would say for £24 a head for basically a main course it was not great value unless you sat there all night.

2 Thank BUDDIE115
Hi There,
First of all i would like to thank you for your review and your opinion about us. We do our best to keep people away from that table, and you must appreciate with a full capacity restaurant we need to use any table that we have available at the time. For the service that you were giving during your visit i must apologize to you, it was not our intention to make you feel left out. I did address the issue with my team and we took action with regards of your experience. The Passadors are trained to cut linear slices of meat due to the quantity that we serve, however you are more than welcome to ask for more at any giving time. I would love the opportunity to discuss with you further your experience and trying to change your mind about us. If you would like to discuss it please call me on 01412040240

“Great Service”
Reviewed 11 July 2012

The restaurant itself is clean, crisp and polished, so are the waiting staff, everything ran smoothly but I couldn't help but think I was sitting in something that would no doubt become a chain (there is one also in Birmingham.)

The food was good, I'm not a huge meat eater so I had the fish and salad option, which all tasted very good (I was given a long plate with salmon, cod, sea bass and some king prawns) however I thought the fish option would be the same concept as if you where ordering meat - you turn over a double sided disk - green if you want more meat, red if you don't. I had two cocktails which were good but very pricey!

Probably wouldn't go back, maybe just for the salad bar - that was great!

Hi There,

Thank you for your review and your opinion. I can see that you have mixed feelings about Viva Brazil concept! We do have plans of expansion however we are not (yet) in Birmingham. You can find us in Liverpool and soon in Cardiff just now. Regarding your seafood option, it would be a challenge having fresh fish on a skewer and also with all the meats that we cook, chances are that the fish would come out with a meaty taste. Our price list is within line of other establishment in Glasgow city, and as you can appreciate we do use quality brands in our cocktails so they can taste good.
I would like to discuss your experience and your feelings regarding Viva Brazil Glasgow if you would allow me. My number is 01412040240 it would be good to talk to you.