“Outstanding food as usual.”
Review of Eat Cafe - CLOSED

Eat Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Side
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

My sister and I visited this cafe today. It is one of my favourites in Glasgow. Her first time, but I had already visited on Sunday for a fathers day treat for my husband. I couldn't wait to go back so I brought her along today.
We ordered steak and pulled pork burger and a cajun chicken burger to share with each other as we couldn't decide which we wanted. We were not disappointed, both were excellent as were the chips coleslaw and relishes served with both. The steak burger especially was outstanding and real proper food thick with delicious pork on top , the buns were much better than is usual with a burger and we ate them all. (We would normally leave some of the bun) We only thought the chips a tiny bit too salty. But this is not a problem and didn't stop us eating them all!!!!!

It was a very hot day today and the cafe was busy as usual, both outside and in, when we arrived. We waited a tiny bit longer than usual for food but as I mentioned it soon became apparent that the extra special beef and pork burger was the reason for this, might be handy for staff to explain this.

I should point out that on fathers day at the weekend it was even busier and the food, staff, and all service was exceptional as usual. I can wholeheartedly recommend the 'Stornoway Stack' for brunch/lunch as it is my all time favourite meal at this cafe.

Its a shame there isn't one in Cambuslang where we live or else we'd be there more often!

kathryn113, Owner at Eat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thankyou so much. A glowing review, and we really apprecate that. Hope to see you at the cafe again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times and it is close to where I live. I love coming here, has great tasting and delicious food, lots of variety and coffees and soft drinks. I am never disappointed. I will continue to come here and highly recommend this cafe. Not easy to miss as is on main road - Kilmarnock road, u won't miss it.

kathryn113, Owner at Eat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Thankyou very much. Glad you like the cafe & make it a regular haunt. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On a busy street with an amount of bars and restaurants it would be easy to walk past this chic little eaterie but don't.
Small but with a nice busy vibe the staff are friendly and the food is great.
I would recommend the crab linguine with hazelnuts a combination I'd never met before but which was delicious.
A fairly basic wines/ drinks list but the menu is lovely.

1  Thank m h
kathryn113, Owner at Eat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thankyou. Glad you enjoyed eat cafe & hope you will be back soon

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went today (28th May) for my birthday lunch with my mother. The place was relatively full and we were served within ten minutes and had two amazing courses finished well within an hour. We both had the smoked haddock chowder - maw complained that it was bit thin but I thought it was perfect. Not over-seasoned which can happen very easily, it was delicious and the haddock wasn't over-powering. Maw had the focaccia and I had the burger with the pulled pork. We both agreed that the portions were good-sized, the burger with pork was absolutely stunning, I had the pulled pork ragu on a previous visit and I was still not disappointed. Maw took home a doggy bag with the remains of the sandwich she couldn't finish.
I'm looking forward to the next excuse to go, as if I'd need one.
Excellent value, good service, well-balanced menu and superb food.

1  Thank Anthony D
kathryn113, Owner at Eat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thankyou so much. Lovely feedback & really glad you enjoyed eat cafe.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We were looking for something to eat in Shawlands and stumbled across this cafe, adding to the atmosphere was live music ,although it was busy we managed to get a table, the meal was superb, I had the most delicious curried butternut soup, followed by an exquisite smoked haddock risotto with a softly cooked poached egg on top, it was truly delicious, a lovely glass of red merlot and a coffee to finish off the meal, it was a nice surprise to have a meal that was completely faultless, definitely well worth a visit.

1  Thank fifitrixibelle62
kathryn113, Owner at Eat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

thankyou so much for a fantastic review. really glad you enjoyed the food and the ambience of eat cafe. we had live music as part of the southside festival - atmosphere was great and musicians were excellent. hope to see you again soon, and thanks again for a glowing review.