“dont go to tribute nights etc...terrible!!!”

Taste Indian Restaurant
Ranked #1,091 of 2,591 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cowcaddens
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Really bad night at Sinatra/buble tribute act.To cut a long story short loads of skimping from staff about having canned diet coke as a mixer with drinks as opposed to flat syrupy substitute from spray.We paid £30 a Head for buffet dinner which included only chicken dishes or one lamb option and sweets that were worse than icelands basics lol.T he price included three drinks but if you got a canned mixer that was counted as one drink....as a can of coke only costs 20p.... I think that was taking meanness a bit too far...needless to say we wont be back...place is very grotty and run down and we froze to death as the Turkish waiter insisted on keeping the fire exit open for smokers to go in and out!!!

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Viisited taste on 2 .1.2014 with group of 7 two children included.
Staff were very polite and attentive.We opt for the buffet which had a fantastic selection at a very reasonable cost.Liked the added touch of helping yourself to tea/coffee t no extra cost. Children had a great time as they are very family friendly.We also relaxed after our meal and did not feel rushed even when it was getting very busy.Wiil be visiting again.

1  Thank janie g
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have been going to Taste for many years now and I cant find a single fault!! The food is so fresh and the staff are amazing! Always very welcoming and attentive to our needs. The menu is also very vast and you are left spoiled for choice! On a recent visit for my Birthday, I called the night before to reserve a table, I got chatting to the lovely owner Sharon and asked her if I could try something different that wasn't on the menu. Most places wouldn't entertain you, but for Sharon and her team, this was no problem at all. When I arrived on my Birthday with my girlfriend, mum and dad, we were greeted very warmly from all the staff. We were then shown to our table, which had "happy birthday" banners and decorations all over the table! a really nice touch. After some deliberation over what to get to eat, as I say, you're spoilt for choice! I sat patiently waiting on my "surprise" dish. Next thing knew, sat down in front of me was a portion of lamb chops sizzling away! One word, DELICIOUS!!! I was the envy of the whole restaurant! After a chorus of happy birthday from the waiting staff and a few refreshments, we all left in great spirits, with a great night had by all!! I would recommend taste to anyone for the simple fact, they go out their way to make the customer feel welcome and they try to cater for everyone. Well done Sharon and all the staff! Keep up the excellent work!

Craig & Jo

1  Thank CraigJo B
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Ben ill for 3days after eating here there was a nasty smell coming from the currys so decided to go alacarte wish i left instead the ch tandoori mix i had made me sore with stomach cramps and nausea wont ever go back here

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Went with my girlfriend and was shocked to taste their curry chicken. Didn't went for their buffet and instead choosed Al'a Carte. The "Staff Curry" (chicken on the bone) was simply superb. The flavor of the curry masala balanced the richness of the sinfully tender chicken very well. The dish was executed perfectly. It’s also delicious, and they feature several unique combinations. My gf was not really die hard fans of curry but this time it totally changed her mind and taste. Well of course, I am great curry lover.

Finding a healthy version of Indian sweets is rare. But this restaurant serves healthy version of indian sweets such as kheer or ghulab jamun. Overall it was great value for money with large variety of choices plus good environment and friendly staff. There’s no doubt this restaurant will quickly become the hottest reservation in town for curry. We will go back again and again.

3  Thank Charles C