“Cheap and cheerful”

Ranked #68 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Have stayed here three times now. Twice with my partner and once with a friend. It's a very reasonably priced hotel in a good location, two minutes from Central Station. It's a bit shabby round the edges, but the rooms I've had have always been clean. The breakfast buffet is very well stocked, although the uncooked tomatoes and the crisps are a bit of a mystery to me ;)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for two nights from 17 December 2013. To be truthful, I was very concerned on arrival as the outside of the hotel was a little run down. The interior is extremely old and I would assume this hotel itself was built a very long time ago. There is a very strange layout to the rooms but the rooms themselves were fine, not great but for the price we paid we were happy with what we got. Unfortunately the bathroom had a very strange smell, like cooking cabbage. We asked at reception if it could be looked into and if we could change rooms if it persisted. When we returned it smell seemed to have gone and we were quite pleased, but the next day it was back. We chose not to go through the effort of changes rooms for one night’s stay. The breakfast was very good and the staff were friendly. I would stay here again if it was financially the better choice but that would be my only reason.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 December 2013

On arrival looked a bit run done staff friendly, when we got to room it was dark run down and not very clean. Further expection our bed covers had stains on them and bathroom had lots of curly hairs and shower was cleaned with a smelly cloth. We got our sheets changed, bed so uncomfy springs poking into back, breakfast not up to much, please believe the bad reviews on this places, it's a great location but that's about it.

2 Thank Lee G

Travellers are raving about these Glasgow hotels

Bonnie Scotland
Reviewed 27 December 2013

A very well located hotel in Central Glasgow. Just 2 mins walk from Central Station which must be handy if you have luggage. Friendly staff and reasonable room size but the whole place is a little tired but was value for money

Rzeszow, Poland
Reviewed 23 December 2013

stayed here over a very rainy weekend in early December. The atmosphere is Old World Charm and for price don't expect shiny new rooms. Mine was very large - complete with a couch and table. (my friend's was not but I reserved well ahead of time) I don't think I have ever had not only the bottled water replaced over 1 night but the biscuits as well! the Staff were superbly helpful and knowledgeable. internet faultless. breakfast full and filling. heat and hot water fine. one block from the Central Station. Pub in the vicinity is Wetherspoon - packed with Scots of all ages and of course - great fish and chips. can walk to all sights in the center. Due the charm of this hotel, and its people, I ended up preferring Glasgow to Edinburgh. Will happily stay here again. Big room could have been 411 but not certain.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CatinRzeszow
Singapore
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Located just literally steps from Glasgow Central station, this hotel is definitely a good choice among train travellers. Price was reasonable and breakfast included too. The breakfast is something to look forward to but probably if you stay for 1 or 2 nights cos the menu didnt change for the 2 nights I stayed there. The croissant and baked potato crisps are not-to-be-missed! Room is rather spacious including the toilet! Some signs that certain parts of the room need to be maintained but otherwise

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
scotland
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My partner and I stayed here last night as we were going to a party. This is my 3rd stay here but my partners 1st. Great location, good comfy and spacious rooms, good breakfast and friendly, helpful staff.We have booked for end January for my partners birthday. Will definitely stay here on any returns to glasgow.

1 Thank margoandandyScotland