Alexander Thomson Hotel
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$94
Ambassador Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$59
Very Good 4/5
Fraser Suites Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$103
PremierInn.com
  • Free Internet
1,982 results
All reviewscentral stationluggage roombottled waterbuffet stylecity centreiron and ironing boardfifth floorbreakfast was includedtea and coffeeflat screen tvcooked breakfastself servicebreakfast roomroom was largewould stay againmain shoppingyogurt
FilterAll languages
995 - 1,000 of 1,982 reviews
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed here during the Commonwealth Games and, like many others, paid well over the odds for it, but we had little choice. The entrance was not particularly welcoming and needed a good make over. The reception staff varied considerably in their welcoming skills but the breakfast room and bar areas on the first floor were large and more welcoming. The breakfasts were okay, not a huge choice but adequate, and the food regularly replenished. The bedroom we had (on the fifth floor) had recently been refurbished to an average standard. The beds were comfortable but lacked any mattress protection and the lighting was a bit weak. The signal for BBC on the large flat screen tv was dreadful all the time (despite us retuning the tv ourselves) but we never got around to mentioning this so they may have been able to sort that out. The bathroom was also recently improved, though not finished off (eg door and door frames weren't painted or finished off properly - maybe a rush job because of the Games?) and the shower curtain whislt new was irritating when it stuck to you.

As many others have said, the lift was very small and slow so could be irritating for those unable or unwilling to use the stairs. You could only fit three (small) people with luggage in it at any one time (and that was a squeeze!)

Overall the hotel was okay for what we wanted it for and we wouldn't totally rule out staying there again as the location was good, (especially with the train station just a couple of minutes down the road), but we would look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely old building a little bit rough round the edges but the staff are great. The rooms are clean and comfortable maybe a little dated but the location is handy for everything. You are a 5 minute walk to shops bars restaurants and the Clydebank on a sunny day. All in all I'd stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank liverbird3011
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed here for a weekend during the Commonwealth Games as it was pretty much the only hotel I could get. After the mixed reviews on here I was nervous, but we had a great stay. The price however was ridiculous, as were all hotels in Glasgow over the Games!! I do not want to think about how much we paid out for our weekend in total!!

On the plus side:
Our room was lovely. We had a separate living area with leather sofa and chairs, and flat screen tv. The bedroom was spacious with a comfy bed. There was an iron and ironing board, a hairdryer, and tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The bathroom was also spacious, modern, and clean.
The staff we met were friendly.
The location really is second to none if you want to be in the centre.
Its really handy for Central Station

Down sides:
Yes, the lift is probably the slowest on the planet! We ended up walking up and down the stairs - not for the faint hearted as we were on the 5th floor!
Breakfast is average at best.
As its in the centre it is quite noisy - take ear plugs!
The price!!

We would definitely consider staying here again if we could get a decent room rate next time...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jakesmum
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Some of the reviews are terrible, but I thought this place was not bad at all. I wouldn't say 'Very good' but if there was a 'Good' option I'd choose that.

We stayed as part of a group for a stag weekend. I think some rooms maybe have had a refurb. The twin I was in was very nice and clean, nothing spectacular but it more than did the job. The bathroom was absolutely fine with a powerful shower. Didn't watch the TV but it was moe than big enough.

Breakfast was included and was fantastic, loads of choice from a buffet and plenty of choices.

The bar was also very nice if quiet, and annoyingly if you wanted served, you needed to go to the concierge desk around the corner and ask them to come and serve you a drink. Never had to wait though after asking. Bar prices were pretty reasonable for a hotel.

Location is excellent, right outside Central Station.

Only other thing that was a bit rubbish was the lift. There's only one and it's VERY slow!! Quicker to take the stairs rather than wait for 5 mins.

For a stag party I'd stay again, I might even stay if got a good deal again. Not sure it'd be great for families though.

Room Tip: some room photos have terrible views! i was in rooms 425 (twin) and the room looked out over a street, wasn't an unpleasant view and it seemed a good room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was one of the only ones left due to commonwealth games on. I was away on business and stay in many hotels each month.
This was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in.
The whole and hotel and room was in desperate need of a refurb.
From the minute I checked in and saw the lift and corridor cleanliness I worried I might be able to stay the night.
If I had thought for one minute there was somewhere else to stay I would have checked out.
The bathroom window had a make shift blind of a bright blue shower curtain hung up. The bathroom window had blood stains.
Needless to say although paid for I didn't entertain looking at breakfast option.
The receptionist just have me a key card and told me the number she couldn't even be bothered to write it down.
Only plus side was the location was close to central station.
I definately do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014