What I didn't like this hotel? Nothing.
The hotel is fantastic - a hidden gem in the many gems of a charming city like Glasgow.
1. Reception - Check-in is a breeze even at 10 pm. The receptionists are fantastic and they will help you out in any situation - be it directions, be it the bus nos, a problem with your room - you name it. And every time you enter the hotel the greetings from them is so heartfelt that you think that you have entered your own home.
2. Rooms - nothing can be better than this at this price in the whole of Europe, I can bet on this. Clean, LCD TVs (when you are traveling in Europe even the 4 star hotels provide you with CRT TVs, you feel as if you have gone down a generation), plenty of milk, tea, coffee, water bottles and even cookies with an electric kettle - all this for free.
Bathrooms are excellent, spacious, neat, tidy with adequate no of towels which are changed everyday.
The staircase is so plushly carpeted that we never used the lift when going down, we preferred the stairs although our room was on the 4th floor. That speaks of the quality.
3. Location - 100 mts from Glasgow Central Station.
4. Breakfast - excellent is too small a word for it. Plenty of choices, buffet, quality food, (they give Kelloggs brand of cereals instead of the locally made ones which are distasteful), aromatic coffee and a perfect helpful hand is always by your side whenever you need it. Behaviour of the staff is above reproach. The ambiance is that of grandeur.
I will never forgive the institution who has alloted a 2 star status to this hotel. It is easily in the 4 star grades excepting the price.
A request to the manager - please keep your hotel as it is and also in the same price bracket. You'll never be short of guests.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, TravelUp, Nozio Netplan srl, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Alexander Thomson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexander Thomson Glasgow
- Hotel Alexander Thomson
- Alexander Thomson Hotel Glasgow, Scotland