Hampton Court Guesthouse
Hilton Glasgow(Glasgow)
US$286
US$278
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$167
Agoda.com
US$172
US$146
  • Room Service
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$192
Agoda.com
US$201
US$182
  • Pool
All reviewsguest houseminute walk from sauchiehall streetbreakfast included in the priceshared bathroomcity centrecooked breakfastglasgow school of artstay there againnice staytea and coffee making facilitiesfree wifiincluding breakfastdouble bedno liftfull scottish breakfastexcellent locationexcellent breakfast
Reviewed 10 October 2013

It has been a pleasure to stay at Hampton Court Guest House with its convenient location just next to city centre and sub-way station. As an international student and putting alone, felt as if staying at my own home here.
The room pictures and facilities shown on its website are very much actual. The elegantly furnished, spacious and brightly lit rooms provides all modern amenities (eg. high speed wifi connectivity, ensuite shower/ bathroom) in a hygienic environment. Round the clock reception with cctv security and always smiling hospitable staff ready to go an extra mile to provide any assistance/local information have contributed to a comfortable stay making me feel safe and secure. Its extremely competitive charges are inclusive of the fantastic breakfast with lots of varieties (English/ Scottish/ Vegan).
I thank the owners and staff-members for providing such fabulous & exceptional service, while recommending staying at Hampton Court Guest House to anyone visiting Glasgow.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were looking for a cheap hotel room for 4 on the night before the a Great Scottish Run, and that's exactly what we got. Room very basic, but clean, however we spent very little time in it. £90 for B&B. Chap at the check in was on the phone when we arrived and never noticed we were there... Not really a great problem as we dumped our bags and went out.
Lad who was serving breakfast was chirpy and there was plenty to eat. Avoid the mushrooms - tinned and cold!
Would I stay there again? Yes, if all I needed was a basic room and breakfast very close to the centre (10 minute walk).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Customer service was absolutely brilliant - friendly, helpful and understanding staff. Rooms were clean and had everything I needed. Breakfast was great and very quick service. Would definitely stay again and will do when I go back to Glasgow next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rose B
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I had to book a family room as I had nowhere else to go and all the single rooms were taken. The man on front desk was approachable and was very welcoming. My room was a family room, so I had lots of space, which was nice. The internet worked well, but not super well, meaning, it cut out often.

The room was clean and I had no problems with anything except the fact that there was no bathroom in the room and I had to walk downstairs to get to one. However, it was clean and it was never so busy that there was always a line to use it.

The bed was a little bit uncomfortable, but I've been in way worse. I didn't lose any sleep over it, so it was fine.

The location is fine, but it feels a bit far and out of the way to me. It is also located on a hill that can be incredibly steep depending from which direction you come from.

I had breakfast in the morning and it was alright, but it wasn't anything too special.

1  Thank SPayan
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Pros:
- When all single rooms were full, they were flexible enough to offer a family room at discounted price for single occupancy
- WiFi in the room (but signal strength could be stronger)

Cons:
- location is a bit far from city center (15-20 min walk)
- located at the top of a hill, so anytime you get "home" you climb the hill (sometimes with luggage).
- WiFi signal could be stronger
- bed is uncomfortable
- TV screen is small. It would have been acceptable for a single budget room, but not for a family room
- no bath tub, only shower
- missing amenities - they budgeted the amount of shampoo and forgot to add soap. Of course I could ask for more, but hotels should not be that cheap to save on guests' soap
- no elevator (there are steps to climb to get to the lobby, and there are steps to get to your room)
- they asked for upfront payment upon check-in (normally hotels payment is done upon checkout)
- while staff didn't do any wrong, they did not show any warm or friendly welcome.