Hampton Court Guesthouse is about 15 minutes walk away from the main highstreets of Glasgow, but in the heart of the theatre area and art quarter; it's pretty well located, I feel.
I'll be honest, it doesn't look much from the outside, and not much better when you get in, but the guys at the desk are lovely... the room has everything you need; there's good WiFi, a decent bed, a decent TV, hairdryer/iron on request. If I were being picky I'd say the shower is a little weak in stream... but the bathroom was very clean! Bring your own soap though, you don't get much.
I genuinely thought it was great value for money and the breakfast is pretty decent! Cooked to order and included in the price, we were happy chappys!
Any other bad points to consider? A few rooms don't have natural light coming in and you can sometimes hear people in hallways and outside their rooms... but I do feel they're picky points... it was £59 a night, you can live it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Court Guest House is situated in the heart of the city centre. The guest house has been awarded 2 stars by the Scottish Tourist Board, With FREE WIFI Access, 24 hour reception, continental or Scottish Breakfast and open all year round. We are a Family Run Guest House here to help you make the Most of your Trip whether it be for Business, pleasure, Shopping, Sightseeing or Just to Get away from it all for the weekend. It is a traditional town house building, just a stones throw away from many of the main attractions of Glasgow. The guest house is close to all the main amenities, attractions, theatres, cinemas, pubs, clubs, Hampden Park, SECC, ABC, Glasgow Science Centre, Kelvingrove Art Galleries & Museum, Transport Museum, Kings Theatre, Royal Concert Hall also located on the same street as the Famous Glasgow School of Art and various major shopping centres. Furthermore, a great number of restaurants offering a variety of cuisines are only a short stroll away. The excellent location of the guest house ensures that there are reliable and frequent transport links to and from the Glasgow and Prestwick Airport. In addition, the Buchanan Bus Station, Queen Street Station and Central Station are all less than a mile, making this guest house an excellent choice for those on business and likewise, those visiting Glasgow in order to soak in the ambience of the city.We offer excellent, competitive prices all year round as well as a comfortable stay with friendly staff available at all times should you require any assistance.We also have Hair dryers , extra Blankets irons and pillows available for our Guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Court Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Court Guesthouse Hotel Glasgow
- Hampton Court Guesthouse Glasgow, Scotland