“Good but. Could better”

Hampton Court Guesthouse
Ranked #11 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed. Here on the 17may 2014 as I arrived in glasgow. Early in the morning. I called them to see if I could could check in early but I couldn't as my room wasn't ready askedif I could leave my luggage which was fine. On my arrival I was greeted well I was asked to check in and collect keys later which was okay. On my return I paid for my room I was given my key the room is okay if u like a room with no windows except in the roof my luggage was in my room. i was also given a code for wifi which didn't work breakfast was very good the restaurant room was a bit small overall it was a good place to stay on a very short stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Great value for money hotel. Very near to great pubs and clubs. Plain and basic but very clean. Breakfast was cooked to order and was hot and tasty. Cereal. Toast and a full cooked breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Spend a night here with my daughter. We were at a concert and booked this hotel as it was near the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank caroline f
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Hampton Court Guesthouse is about 15 minutes walk away from the main highstreets of Glasgow, but in the heart of the theatre area and art quarter; it's pretty well located, I feel.

I'll be honest, it doesn't look much from the outside, and not much better when you get in, but the guys at the desk are lovely... the room has everything you need; there's good WiFi, a decent bed, a decent TV, hairdryer/iron on request. If I were being picky I'd say the shower is a little weak in stream... but the bathroom was very clean! Bring your own soap though, you don't get much.

I genuinely thought it was great value for money and the breakfast is pretty decent! Cooked to order and included in the price, we were happy chappys!

Any other bad points to consider? A few rooms don't have natural light coming in and you can sometimes hear people in hallways and outside their rooms... but I do feel they're picky points... it was £59 a night, you can live it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petoshere
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We found this to be a Very clean place , comfy bed with spotless linen and spotless mattress , also spotless towels, very friendly helpful staff, good food with plenty of choice, really everything you could want and need for an overnight stay, great access for entertainment to Central Glasgow, but we felt let down by the mouldy shower head and the bathroom ceiling fallen down above the toilet in room 4. We thought it was well worth the £45 we paid for one night including breakfast and I would recommend this B & B to others .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed as three couples for 1 night on hogmany. Rooms had double bed, tv and on suite with lovely shower and complimentary soap, shampoo & fresh towels. Everything clean, bed comfy. Located on renfrew street 2 minute walk to all main bars on sauciehall street. Cant comment on breakfast as were too tired to get up but its on between 7&9am.

We all enjoyed our stay and would stay again. Thanks!

Room tip ** we had rooms 2, 3 & 7 all on lower floor with no window but on suite.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Thanks to All for your advice and help ! very nice place to stay me and my friends really enjoy here , very safe , comfortable and helpfull staff ! also they hold our luggage for the day when we were going home and get us cheap taxi for when we leave to airport ! breakfast good and on time Thankyou to MAnager for boarding pass !! see you 2014!!!

Room Tip: many steps but okay !
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here due to no availability at the usual hotels we stay at while in glasgow. While the location was quite close to the centre, our room was a bit of a let down. Having no window was the biggest problem, I think this should be stated in the room description and be cheaper than the other rooms. Our friends had 2 double beds and 2 windows so they must have got ours ;) we re not normally fussy but waking up hungover in a room with no window wasnt ideal. The room did smell a bit of smoke as well which was off putting. The staff were friendly enough but seemed a bit disorganised when we checked in. We didnt make it in time for breakfast so cannot comment. If your just looking for a bed for the night and get it for cheap then its not too bad.

• Stayed: November 2013