“Fawlty” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
jezo
“Fawlty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2009

I was planning to spend 2 nights in Glasgow on business, This hotel was appalling,
Walking up to my 1st floor room I saw water running down the corner of a wall from the roof, there were 4 buckets across the landing collecting rain water from the leaking roof - the whole landing reaked of dampness.
my room looked shabby - tired with some cobwebs and a lot of dust visible around the edges of the carpets etc, towels were clean but again dull and lacklustre. WC was barely flushable [ water pressure] Curtains were dirty and falling from their fixings etc. The TV remote wa faulty, everytime I turned the TV off it came back on - I unplugged the plug in the end. The restaurant was barely passable I was offered just I menu of 3 choices, I was later to learn there was an a la carte menu which I was not shown at all. Food was mediocre at best
During the night I was disturbed by birds! There was a flat roof outside my window and the windowledge was covered in bird mess, the noise was actually magpies having a scrap against my window. Next morning I asked for a room change - went to breakfast which was adequate apart from being given a cup of coffee . I had to state whether I wanted milk or not, there was no milk at the table, no coffee pot or tea pot was available - just a single cupful.
Night 2 my room was quieter but again not really clean, I wondered why the windows had been left open, I learnt during the night why! the heating was on all night and the thermo on the radiator would not move. The main disaster was next morning NO COLD WATER whatsoever for a shower. So I ran a bath instead, but the water was piping hot. I contacted reception and was offered a jug of cold water to cool the bath - eventually a person arrived with 2 buckets of cool water, I had left the cold tap on and only then did it start to trickle through. I was checking out that morning so did not even bother to have breakfast. I would say the only saving grace this very poor hotel has is its staff members - I can confirm the poor people working there were doing their absolute best to cope with the delapidation, whether it was changing rooms for us, taking poor food away and carrying buckets of water to cool the bath - they were all lovely pleasant people. How they put up with discontented Customers each day and keep smiling and doing their best is beyond me.
In total 4 people from my Company stayed there this last week. 2 of which needed rooms changing, a combiation of poor housekeeping, delapidation of premises and less that good catering will ensure people from my Company will not book here again. This hotel should close down for a total refurb, it falls well below ANY 3 start hotel I have ever stayed in.

Stayed January 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Inverness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2008

Just back from a family wedding in kings park hotel from outside looks run down! But was surprised when went inside nice where we had the meal was really nice well decorated nice and bright. Big dance floor. in total there is 3 bars! only downside no air con was roasting all nite.

Food was great had a 5 course meal! drinks not a bad price either.

we stayed in room 105 found hole in wall rooms very outdated with the wallpaper and the pictures. Also door would only shut if you locked it behind you very stiff to lock!

Breakfast in the morning really good fills you up usual choice of cereals yoghurts then cooked breakfast.

Would go back but prob not stay lovely location for a wedding/Party!

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — rooms were very old fashioned thats what let down our stay! rest of hotel was great!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glasgow
The Belhaven Hotel
South Side
GoGlasgow Urban Hotel
GoGlasgow Urban Hotel
#9 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to Kings Park Hotel? Share your experiences!