“DO NOT STAY HERE”

Ranked #82 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
BELFAST
“DO NOT STAY HERE”
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Stayed for 2 nights at the Kings Park Hotel, we could not get any sleep on the first night as they were having a birthday party and a wedding downstairs and the rooms are on the floor above this, DJ was blasting music, children were running around bedroom halway slamming doors went to complain at 3am and said there is nothing they could do. I tried to complain to the manager 8 times but he never got back to me I sat in halway before leaving for 3 hours to confront the manager who said he was to busy to get back to me, I was tired and outraged.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HADIDA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Clean and friendly for those on a budget. Rooms are small but ok, the downside is you can clearly here all the conversations in the next rooms - luckily my neighbours weren't party animals.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
scotland
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Stayed here 3 times. Plenty of FREE parking. Reception is clean and tidy. Rooms comfy, clean and tidy. Staff and management very tidy and more than helpful with everything. Breakfast and evening meal very tasty with generous portions. Thanks to all at Kings Park Hotel. PS Free wirelass broadband too.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stevyp
London
Reviewed 27 April 2009

For the price of a Premier/Lodge/Express you also get a bath, proper furniture rather than a rail and formica, excellent full breakfast included,good evening bar/restaurant food available without having to go out, fine/safe for solo dining.
Prob best with car - tons of free parking outside.
Is on main road so rear facing rooms better, I had my window open and could not hear road.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Hastings
Reviewed 23 January 2009

We booked this hotel on spec for a few days over the post-Christmas to New Year period, as it seemed to offer value for money while being fairly easily accessible to the parts of Glasgow, including the city centre, that we wanted to visit. The price was right while access is no problem provided you have a car (and satnav!).

The first impression was not that favourable. It did seem a bit like a relic from the 1980s and the lack of a lift to the first floor came as a bit of a shock when you have a wife who does not do travelling light.

However, it got better. The room was clean and comfortable but a bit cold (it was about minus 10 outside). An additional heater was quickly and cheerfully provided. Breakfast was very good and served by a cheerful and helpful girl. In fact all the staff were friendly and very helpful and even arranged takeaway when our nephew wanted Chinese. We sampled the restaurant one evening and had room service at other times. Both were of good quality and fairly reasonably priced. We also had an enjoyable evening at the Grand Hogmanay Ball that was laid on at £55 a head The food (four course dinner) was fine for such an event and there was pretty good entertainment.

A word of warning for Sassenachs! We know Hogmanay is huge in Scotland but what we were not prepared for was the fact that everything (and I mean everything) stops dead on 1 January.

All in all if you want to do Glasgow on a budget this is a good place to stay.

• Liked — Everything especially the helpful staff
  • Disliked — No lift
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
jezo
Reviewed 17 January 2009

I was planning to spend 2 nights in Glasgow on business, This hotel was appalling,
Walking up to my 1st floor room I saw water running down the corner of a wall from the roof, there were 4 buckets across the landing collecting rain water from the leaking roof - the whole landing reaked of dampness.
my room looked shabby - tired with some cobwebs and a lot of dust visible around the edges of the carpets etc, towels were clean but again dull and lacklustre. WC was barely flushable [ water pressure] Curtains were dirty and falling from their fixings etc. The TV remote wa faulty, everytime I turned the TV off it came back on - I unplugged the plug in the end. The restaurant was barely passable I was offered just I menu of 3 choices, I was later to learn there was an a la carte menu which I was not shown at all. Food was mediocre at best
During the night I was disturbed by birds! There was a flat roof outside my window and the windowledge was covered in bird mess, the noise was actually magpies having a scrap against my window. Next morning I asked for a room change - went to breakfast which was adequate apart from being given a cup of coffee . I had to state whether I wanted milk or not, there was no milk at the table, no coffee pot or tea pot was available - just a single cupful.
Night 2 my room was quieter but again not really clean, I wondered why the windows had been left open, I learnt during the night why! the heating was on all night and the thermo on the radiator would not move. The main disaster was next morning NO COLD WATER whatsoever for a shower. So I ran a bath instead, but the water was piping hot. I contacted reception and was offered a jug of cold water to cool the bath - eventually a person arrived with 2 buckets of cool water, I had left the cold tap on and only then did it start to trickle through. I was checking out that morning so did not even bother to have breakfast. I would say the only saving grace this very poor hotel has is its staff members - I can confirm the poor people working there were doing their absolute best to cope with the delapidation, whether it was changing rooms for us, taking poor food away and carrying buckets of water to cool the bath - they were all lovely pleasant people. How they put up with discontented Customers each day and keep smiling and doing their best is beyond me.
In total 4 people from my Company stayed there this last week. 2 of which needed rooms changing, a combiation of poor housekeeping, delapidation of premises and less that good catering will ensure people from my Company will not book here again. This hotel should close down for a total refurb, it falls well below ANY 3 start hotel I have ever stayed in.

Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2008

Just back from a family wedding in kings park hotel from outside looks run down! But was surprised when went inside nice where we had the meal was really nice well decorated nice and bright. Big dance floor. in total there is 3 bars! only downside no air con was roasting all nite.

Food was great had a 5 course meal! drinks not a bad price either.

we stayed in room 105 found hole in wall rooms very outdated with the wallpaper and the pictures. Also door would only shut if you locked it behind you very stiff to lock!

Breakfast in the morning really good fills you up usual choice of cereals yoghurts then cooked breakfast.

Would go back but prob not stay lovely location for a wedding/Party!

• Liked — The food
  • Disliked — rooms were very old fashioned thats what let down our stay! rest of hotel was great!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)