“Delicious brunch and great service”

The Bungo Bar and Kitchen
Ranked #159 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub, Scottish, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: South Side
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Delicious brunch and great service”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Our large party of nine people enjoyed a really delicious and reasonably-priced brunch at The Bungo today. Service was impeccable, including the good-natured and accommodating responses when I rang (twice!) to increase the number of guests. The full Bungo breakfasts (both vegetarian and regular) were terrific and the Lebanese breakfast that I had was beautiful - quite delicate and very nicely presented.
We've been to The Bungo for an evening meal before and had a very good experience then too. It's the sort of place that appeals to a wide range of customers and is a real asset to the South Side of Glasgow. We'll definitely return. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2014
mangetout70, Manager at The Bungo Bar and Kitchen, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to write such a wonderful review. I remember your party and the numbers increasing. May that continue the next time we all see you and your family at the bungo in the near future.

“Sad Sunday Scran”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Ok it was a Sunday. But the price of the food was the same so there is no excuse. This meal was truly awful. Disorganised service from staff.Wrong orders etc etc.
But really that all fades into insignificance in comparison to the food. I had taken a friend; my recommendation. I was embarrassed. She was ill the next day.The food arrived very very quickly. Alarm bells rang.The burger was tasty. Obviously made in advance by someone with some culinary skills. The chips like like deflated rubber tubes.I doubt they were even from that day. And the salt that was covering them ! My God, my tongue was stuck to my palate. Can I not add my own? The salad wasnt sad, it was suicidal. A disgrace.

3 Thank scotspoon
mangetout70, General Manager at The Bungo Bar and Kitchen, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
I am sorry I have not written before to this review, but I wanted to see if the reviews that followed would be in any way of the same style of concerns.

Although everyone has a different opinion of what there experience is of a restaurant or bar, I do in honesty find this review hard to answer without some more clarification. I do hope that you will take my offer up to come and either have a coffee at your leisure, or to write an email to the bungobarkitchen@gmail.com in order for me to understand how your visit we got so wrong.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Mark Taylor. General Manager
“Very good pub grub”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Inexpensive and decent local eatery. It is not an amazing place but it is always busy and is clearly doing something right

Visited June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to write a review and we hope we see you again in the near future at the bungo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“customer service/ quality of food”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Food was fresh and tasty customer service was also very good and very dog friendly
I would definitely come back with family / friends

• Visited August 2014
mangetout70, Manager at The Bungo Bar and Kitchen, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Stephen your review was short, sweet and to the point and for that we all say thank you. We all look forward to seeing you again at the bungo soon in the near future. Thank you again for taking the time out in writing the review.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Looking forward to coming back!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We had a great meal with the kids at the Bungo a fortnight ago. I normally only go there with mates for drinks and wasn't sure whether my two 6 year olds would be ok dining there but I'm so glad we gave it a go. The menu is eclectic, with plenty meat options for my hubby as well as unusual veggie choices to suit me. They also have a kids menu, which kept my fussy two happy. Mainly though, I'd like to praise the staff, who couldn't have catered for us better. We arrived late but were welcomed and given a great table away from the main bar area. Drinks were served quickly and food was brought out within 10 mins of the order being put in, this on a busy Friday night. When my daughter dropped her ice cream, the lovely young waitress helped us avoid meltdown by getting her to do a countdown while she raced to the kitchen for a replacement. When my husband mentioned how much he liked his beer glass, we got given a spare goody bag they had, with footballs for the kids and a glass for him. We had a fab evening and will be back soon, thanks to all at the Bungo.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. My staff remember when you were in and they all enjoyed looking after your family. We all at the bungo look forward to your next visit and I do hope it may be in the near future.