“Definitely Slow Food Not Fast Food!”

Handmade Burger Co.
Ranked #1,190 of 2,411 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
ayrshire
“Definitely Slow Food Not Fast Food!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We decided to eat here for lunch during a recent shopping trip to Braehead.
At noon the restaurant was reasonably quiet maybe about 6 tables eating. We stood and waited to be sat and a nice waiter led us to our table and gave us menus. We made a quick decision - bacon and cheese burger for my husband and chicken skewers for me with a plate of chips to share and I placed the order and paid.
So we sat and waited and waited and waited ..............
It took 25 minutes to bring our food. Now had the place been mobbed I might have understood but this was a quiet afternoon.
When it did come my husband liked his burger, although we both thought it was a bit overpriced for what he got. My chargrilled chicken skewers were grilled dry! Chips were tasty!
Would we eat here again - Doubtful.....it took too long and I didn't think it was good value.
Plus cutlery was a bit grubby and I think Uri Geller had been there and bent the forks while he was waiting for his burger.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank loobylooayr

Renfrewshire, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable experiences”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

3rd time I've been to this particular 'restaurant' for a quick bite to eat before the cinema with my partner. I have to say in these 3 visits I have never been disappointed; we don't go elsewhere. The staff are always smiling and helpful especially when most are young - at a guess 18-25. High spirits and considerate service with a smile. Through O2's; 2 burgers for £10.00 offer the meal prices are very good. We always go for the Cheese, Bacon & BBQ burger which is spectacular along with a side of the best chips I have ever had in a restaurant. We leave satisfied each time we visit here.

• Visited November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

the food made in handmade burger is amazing, especially the chicken burger:) the fries and wedges are really good aswell. the piri piri chicken buger is exeptionally good though :D

• Visited May 2013
“Lovely”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Lovely burgers, really different, been a few times always been nice. Onion rings dips and chips nice too.

Visited June 2013
Glasgow
“Eat before you visit”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

After waiting over 45 minutes for two burgers to appear we demanded our money back and left. The place wasn't that busy but there are plenty of staff at the counter waiting to take your money in advance.

• Visited October 2013