“Good food, excellent service!”
Review of Caffe L'Ombrellone

Caffe L'Ombrellone
Ranked #1,640 of 2,450 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, excellent service!”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We went to the Cafe with a groupon voucher, but looking at the menu prices, it is not expensive.

Central location for Glasgow, so easy to reach by car, train or bus.

Service was excellent, extremely friendly and efficient.

Nice Italian food, nothing particularly fancy, but perfect for what we were looking for.

Would highly recommend this for breakfast, lunch or an early dinner .

Ayr, United Kingdom
“Great wee caffe”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I have just been i have read other reviews and i can say i enjoyed my lunch very much . I also had a Groupon deal for 4 people 2 course we all thought the food was great and the price also even if you didn't have a deal . The staff were all very friendly and no problem with us having 3 guide dogs with us . If i was in Glasgow again i would go back .

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank cats68
Dundee, United Kingdom
“not good”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

really no saving by having a Groupon coupon as dearest dish was £7. very small portions. Left feeling hungry but did not fancy a dessert there.Staff nice and friendly , but very inflexible as to choice of food. Made me think that there was perhaps a special menu made out for Groupon users.
would not go back.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank alison m
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't go back”
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I bought a Groupon deal, two courses for £14. To start my daughter had the lentil soup which was clearly from a tin and I had the most expensive starter, melon, prawns, cured ham, salad and 'breadsticks'. The melon was ok, ham ok, the prawns were tiny and looked like they had just spooned some from a carton of prawn cocktail, the salad was fresh but the dressing tasted like it had been poured from a bottle that we often use at home and the breadstick was possibly the thinnest I've ever seen. Main - my daughter ordered a toastie which, actually, turned out to be the only decent thing we'd eated. I had pasta with spicy sausage in a tomato sauce. Bland, overcooked pasta with bland sausage. My daughter's cheese an onion toastie was lovely in comparison. This place is fine for a toasted sandwich or a bowl of soup but it is definately not somewhere you can class as being suitable for a 'meal'.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank tracy023jim
Glasgow,Scotland
“Greasy Spoon”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Went for lunch with a group on deal and even though discounted it was very poor value. The floor was filthy, The waitress was pleasant but her apron was also filthy. We found a table and she took our order after about 10 mins a chap came and told us to move as he wanted table for someone else, no one asked us if we wanted anything to drink. Food was served lukewarm and the portion size was that of a starter although it tasted ok it looked awful. When we left noticed the table we had been told to vacate was still empty. Very disappointed

2 Thank empeedee