“A sad day”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
“A sad day”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

where do these people get off. Food is superb and the staff are very friendly. Went in today to find out it was shutting down for good. My wife was upset and so was I. The owner was in tears as well. We felt like we were eating a last meal before an execution. Will really miss the place. We have going for years.

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank 982Gazza50

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Group on deal - and still a rip-off!”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Got a groupon deal £12 for 2 courses for 2. Which seemed like a bargain. But I've never seen such paltry portions in my life, and the quality of the pasta was very poor indeed. Watery sauce, and the pieces of sausage were miniscule.

Either the owners are numpties and don't get the point of group on - ie a good way to try and sell your business for repeat visits. Or it seems like they think, ah well the person isn't paying much we'll just give them starter type portions for the mains...baffling!!

Very basic place, and didn't find the service particularly good either...so well done, you've definitely put me off ever returning.

• Visited November 2012
“Great Hospitality.”
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I'm left puzzled by the extremely negative reviews (below). Yes, this is a cafe, (not a full ala carte restaurant). There is a good range of alcohol on sale & the menu is cafe-Italian with a good range of pasta, minestrone, bruschetta etc.

I've stopped buying Groupon restaurant deals because I always seem to get ripped off & treated like a "second class citizen" by the restaurant I'm visiting. NOT SO HERE! Michael, the owner & host, is always friendly & caring & goes out of his way to make you feel at home. It's conveniently located at the back corner of central station (down stairs). When the weather is nice, there's lots of tables outside. What's not to like?

• Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, excellent service!”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We went to the Cafe with a groupon voucher, but looking at the menu prices, it is not expensive.

Central location for Glasgow, so easy to reach by car, train or bus.

Service was excellent, extremely friendly and efficient.

Nice Italian food, nothing particularly fancy, but perfect for what we were looking for.

Would highly recommend this for breakfast, lunch or an early dinner .

Ayr, United Kingdom
“Great wee caffe”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I have just been i have read other reviews and i can say i enjoyed my lunch very much . I also had a Groupon deal for 4 people 2 course we all thought the food was great and the price also even if you didn't have a deal . The staff were all very friendly and no problem with us having 3 guide dogs with us . If i was in Glasgow again i would go back .

• Visited September 2012