“Unique little cake shop!”
Review of Vanilla Black Coffee House - CLOSED

Vanilla Black Coffee House
Description: Now relocated to Vanilla Black at The Theatre, 282 Hope Street, Glasgow G2 3QA, Scotland.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Unique little cake shop!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Me and dad needed lunch and we were fine with going anywhere. Was walking along sauchiehall looking for a cafe. I prefer independent cafes over big chains like costa but at that moment even costa was fine for a panini- I just wanted a quick lunch!

Anyway I passed vanilla black, saw the cakes and immediately stopped dad. Once inside we sat down and I realised how pretty it was inside! More a cake shop than a cafe! I swear there were 15 types of cake when I was there. I counted them haha. And all home made! You can tell because of the way the cakes looked- all homemade and unneat and scruffy. Just the way I like them. You had layered red velvet, layered chocolate, scones, polenta and almond, vegan moist almond and banana cake, etc etc. Crazy.

I only went for a brie panini and cup of tea- bill came to £6. Not bad.

Decor was nice too- chandeliers and sofas and cute cake stands and flowers all over the place. Cafe was warm too and the 3 waitresses were really nice and smiley to us. Will be back for the cake!!!

Glasgow
“Why have I not been here before?”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Whilst looking for somewhere for lunch on Sauchihall street we decided to pop into Vanilla Black - somewhere we have passed dozens of times. We were certainly not disappointed!

The small cafe has a cosy atmosphere and a wonderful array of food to choose from, including the nicest selection of proper homemade cakes I have seen in any cafe in the city. We each had a different soup of the day and both were amazingly fresh and tasty. Clearly they had been made by hand and weren't mass produced! We followed this up with a couple of slices of cake which were out of this world.

For two large soups, bread, two hot drinks and two big slices of cake the bill was about £16 - not bad at all for a filling lunch for two.

If you are after somewhere for a coffee and cake, or an informal but tasty lunch, then you need look no further. We will certainly be back next time we are in Glasgow!

Visited November 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Good Coffee House”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Stopped in for a beverage on a rather hot day in July. The cafe had a great little patio for people watching out front. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank onlinebrandon
Leawood
“Vanilla Black Coffee House”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

The food was delicious and very nice portions. Cute atmosphere and nice help. We liked everything about the restaurant.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Joyce K
scotland
“disappointing and unwelcoming!!”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Let sitting at the table for 10mins ... while the staff stared at us with acknowledging the fact that it was a self service ... not mind readers!! Toasties arrived with no side salad and looked as they had been dropped onto a plate. The greasy smell from the bread would suggest that the machine / grill had not been cleaned .. very unappetising. all in all I will not be back ...

• Visited April 2013