We stayed as a family (2 adults, 1 toddler) for one night in August 2011. We had some slight issues at check in where there was some confusion over the nature of my booking (I am a travel agent) and I found the attitude of the staff slightly off-putting, but once the issues were resolved, everything seemed fine.
We were allocated a room on the 6th floor, right opposite the lifts, which I was slightly worried about noise-wise. Turns out the lifts were not an issue but the air conditioning unit several floors below us was!! I had already been told the hotel was fully booked for the night though, so felt there was no point in mentioning anything, the noise was more like a constant 'hum' or 'white noise' so we managed to put up with it. I did also notice there were dirty plates with a kiwi fruit (!) randomly sitting outside our bedroom door, which had not been cleared away. The room itself was lovely and clean though - very large and airy, with plenty of space for the travel cot we had requested for our little one. Very modern decor, and liked the addition of the iPod dock, and the free (and easy to access!) WiFi in the room too - a definite advantage over most hotels who will charge for internet access.
Breakfast was included in our stay - fantastic choice, and following another traveller's tip, I ordered the Eggs Benedict off the table menu (no extra cost) and it was delicious! Excellent service in the restaurant, and we were made to feel very welcome dining with our little one. We didn't use the health club / swimming pool but did feel that closing at 5.00pm on the weekend was a little early...
The location of the hotel is very good, right opposite Central Station and about 5 minutes walk from the main shopping areas in Glasgow. There seemed to be plenty of nightlife, bars and restaurants very close by too. Overall, a good choice and convenient location to sample the sights and sounds of Glasgow!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Rezidor, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland