3,367 results
All reviewscentral stationcollage restauranta business class roommodern hotelstandard roomjunior suitecity centremini barargyle streetleisure facilitiesbuffet breakfaststayed one nightcar parkbars and restaurantsgood nights sleepan overnight stayhaggis
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Nice windows over the street. Great view on the station. Great noise too.
You can hear the traffic all night, the sirens, people talking and shouting. And no earplugs in the hotel.
I'm writing this from my room, it's 2:24 in the night. So happy...

People at the reception are neither friendly nor helpful.

Positive point: family rooms well organised and connected to each other.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
RossSaunders, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2011

Hi rioc56,

I'm sorry we never managed to get it right on your visit with us. Being a city centre hotel can be challenging with external noise.

Clearly you were not impressed with our customer service levels at the reception. We pride ourselves for our service levels so it's always important to find out where we can improve. (following your comments we have stocked earplugs at reception)

I'm glad you found our family room facilities to be comfortable. We offer both larger family rooms as well as interconnecting rooms so it's fair to say we have a good range to select from.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2011

My daughter and I stayed for one night on the 2oth of Oct. we had an unfortunate start to our break when we encountered 3 dodgy characters using drugs in the stairwell of the NCP carpark, which was a bit frightening for 2 females, especially when we found ourselves cornered by one of them at the bottom of a staircase with no exit!
Although this was the suggested/discounted carpark for the hotel, the hotel were in no way accountable for this experience, however the receptionist was both sympathetic and apologetic - she offered to get someone to accompany us to the carpark the following day or to have the valet collect the car.She also sent a complementary bottle of wine to our room which was a nice touch and very much appreciated. We had dinner in the hotel - you could order from the A La Carte menu or the more affordable '3 courses for £20' menu - food was excellant and very good value for money.
Staff in the restaurant were friendly and helpful.
We used the gym and swimming pool the following day - it was very clean and well equipped. The pool was great and we used the sauna.It was very quiet in the morning but got busier over lunchtime.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit - rooms were very nice and the beds extremely comfortable.
Great hotel for people-watching both indoors and outside.
Not the most cellubrious of areas, some dubious characters - especially at night which can be intimidating.
The only negative was that the parking was not free (which we had expected), having stayed in less expensive hotels in Glasgow - we have found that parking is usually covered by the hotel and would have expected this from a 5 star establishment.
The staff really are to be commended - they were all pleasant, helpful, approachable and genuinely interested in you - that was our experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2011

I can see this review being rather long but i feel it needs to be done - i dont understand why this hotel has so many good reviews. I stay just outside glasgow but american family were visiting so we booked an overnight stay in the hotel for the 7 of us. We spent a while looking at all the hotel options in glasgow city centre and decided to go for Radisson as i had heard good things and it's a well known hotel chain. On arrival we were ignored by a very grumpy receptionist who seemed more attentive to her computer than the guests waiting - i had to ask if we could check in. We were told no check in is not until 3 o clock you will have to come back later. No offer of getting our bags stored, no offer of somewhere to wait until check in - nothing. Now to be fair we did arrive just after 1pm knowing that checking was not until 3 so maybe this is our own fault, but the manner of the reception staff was just not good at all and certainly not what we were expecting from a 5 star establishment.

We went for a wander around Glasgow and went back around 4.30pm to check in. They had no details of our booking at all. After showing them the confirmation we had and after almost arguing with the recepionist (a different one this time, male - rather full of himself) we were given the keys to 3 rooms and were told to come back and fill out forms later on when we had unpacked and settled into our rooms.

Our rooms were lovely. I cant fault these in any way and the floor to ceiling windows were great for people watching (which is rather comical in Glasgow). The bed was the comfiest i have ever slept in and i was surprised at how big the bathroom was.

We decided not to eat in the hotel as it was a bit out of our price range (maybe another reason we were treated so badly?) but we had a fantastic meal elsewhere.

On returning to the hotel we decided to have a couple of drinks in the bar before heading back to our rooms. The barman was really rude to my uncle - he actually swore at him (under his breath) and tutted really loudly when he asked him to make an irish coffee. This must have been far too much hassle for him to do and he had an unkempt look about him. It was 11 o clock at night - not as if it was 3 in the morning we were obviously stopping him from going home or clubbing. We tried to speak to the duty manager that night but he was busy with other guests and we just wanted to get back to our rooms.

We decided to have breakfast in the hotel in the morning and what a disaster. It was pandemonuim. It would appear that everyone came down for breakfast at the one time and it just wasnt working out for the staff at all. the young girl who spoke to us at the door was lovely and i wish i had got her name because she was the only one who cracked a smile and was nice during our entire stay. We changed our minds and went across the road to the wetherspoons for breakfast which was probably the best choice.

Would i stay here again? No. Not even if it was free. The clientele they attract is rich, pretnesious businessmen and this is obviously no fault of the hotel but when you are sitting in a bar and there are men in suits flashing notes all over the place it makes you feel inferior and you are made to feel inferior by the staff who are clearly more interested in their business guests than the families spending their hard earned cash on a one night stay.

Think twice about booking this hotel. It's not worth the money for the service you receive. Yes the bedrooms are nice but my bedroom at home is also nice and i wish i had spent my £200 elsewhere.

I will never use the radisson again and will not be recommending it to anyone.

Not that they will be that bothered - custom comes easily i suppose.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank framinghanley
RossSaunders, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2011

Hi Framinghanley,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay with us.

I'm sorry we were unable to provide an enjoyable experience during your time in Glasgow. I would love to investigate some of the issues you have mentioned further but would require some more information.

Please contact me by either telephone or via email using the information below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

ross.saunders@radissonblu.com
0141-204-3333

Reviewed 18 October 2011

My bride and I had a two night stay at this hotel immediately following our wedding. The staff were incredibly friendly and attentative. They provided us with gifts and an upgrade! To say I am bowled over by this hotel is an understatement. I will be singing your praises to all who will listen. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
RossSaunders, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Hi SeanWisha,

Congratulations! I'm glad your visit to the hotel added to what must have been a great day.

Hope you come back to celebrate your anniversaries with us!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Very good hotel at a reasonable cost, with modern boutique style decor throughout and spacious rooms. Only a few yards from Central Station, and close to Argyle and Buchanan Street shopping as well so very handy location.

Leisure club in the basement is free to residents - nice size pool too.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room on the inside of the courtyard area as the street outside can be noisy
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business