3,411 results
All reviews central station collage restaurant a business class room modern hotel standard room junior suite city centre mini bar argyle street leisure facilities buffet breakfast saturday night stayed one night car park bars and restaurants good nights sleep an overnight stay
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I really like this hotel. It is clean, Fresh and modern. The room was large enough and was also simple, stylish and modern with a nice comfy bed, iPod dock and flat screen tv. There was also decent wifi throughout.

Location is spot on right across from central station and just a 2 minute stroll to the shops.

Overall highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed here the night before my wedding & it was clean, fairly comfortable & had all the basics I needed. It's right in the city centre which is handy. I also booked this hotel for our wedding night. After a long, exhausting & emotional day, we just wanted to go back to the hotel & have a quiet drink together in peace. On arrival back at the hotel, wearing my very expensive, beautiful wedding dress & my husband wearing his kilt etc, we were clearly not random people off the street.

Staff at the bar asked us what room we were in & once we had sat down to relax, returned to say "the bar does not take cash & you haven't credited your room so can't serve you"! We don;t make a habit of staying in hotels so we had no idea what they meant by this. Nobody actually informed us what to do to credit our room or whatever. We were simply left sitting. other people staying at the hotel were looking at us, I felt so humiliated, all I wanted was to sit & relax & after all, I couldn't go to a local bar with my dress on!

The poor customer service shown that night, of all nights, was enough for me to never stay at the Radisson again. I was appalled & humiliated by staff who did not seem to bother at all. Poor customer service & not even a smile, which is just unfriendly as most normal people smile at an obviously newly wed couple.

The hotel is clean though but it has an over-priced mini-bar & snacks in the hotel room. The only thing I can actually say was really good was the very pleasant man who opened doors & escorted me to my wedding car with an umbrella. He went out of his way & had a smile on his face the full time. Thank you, that was the only positive experience I had at this hotel.

(I have sent a complaint in to the hotel).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank KittyVonShuShu
Saige S, Corporate Customer Service at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service you received at the bar on the night of your wedding. If you were unable to resolve with the hotel directly, and would like to discuss the situation further, please contact us at Radisson Customer Service at CustomerServiceSM@carlson.com and include the name on your reservation and the dates of your stay.

Trisha
Corporate Customer Service

Reviewed 6 November 2011

What a good hotel- 2 mins from the station and great value- rooms very nice- good wifi and a nice bar- albeit rather pricy at £5.20 a pint!!!

Good hotel and week recommended

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
RossSaunders, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Hi Deneys,

Thanks for the kind review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Free wifi is always handy and our rooms have recently been refurbished so it's good to hear guests are enjoying them.

If you are to stay with us again make sure you check out our Collage Bar promos. We currently have black/white russians for £2 and we have bottled beer promotions as well!

Kindest Regards,
Ross

Reviewed 5 November 2011

Cool room, very different. Good service.

We used the pool which you have access to next door at a health club. Don't bother - pool was dirty and tiles were unclean. There were hairs everywhere!! Comparing this Health Club to my local immaculate Bannatynes - well there is no comparison.

Room itself was lovely and although small they fitted everything you need in without it feeling squashed.

Good breakfast. Great location for City Centre.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I have been staying at the Radisson on business for near on 2 years and I am never disappointed with the service and the quality of the hotel. I have only now decided to write a review as I had an excellent stay in the Radisson last week (end Oct 2011)

Location / Accommodation: wide range of room types some with floor to ceiling windows which give you excellent views of the city. The hotel is located just next to grand central station

Facilities: Just above a 'real' gym / swimming pool: LA Fitness which means you can attend classes (subject to avail) and there is a private lift which takes you straight down to the gym without having to walk through reception in your gym / swimming clothes

Service: the make an effort to get to know you - they address me personally when I go to check in and out and to call up for room service which is a nice touch and they will always do what they can. A few examples include when I was really really ill and the concierge went out of his way to help and went to the pharmacy to pick up some comforts for me whilst I recuperated in the room. Another example is when I had to leave at 5am for a flight on the morning I was checking out - this was too early for breakfast so the hotel staff provided me with some cereal, fresh milk and tea bags for the morning so I didn't have to leave on an empty stomach. Within reason, the staff will do what they can to assist you and that really makes this hotel worth its price.

Room Tip: Travel to Radisson: there is an airport bus for £4.50 single fare / £6.50 return (I think!) which takes you just by the hotel. Taxis will cost upwards of £20 and takes exactly the same amount of time - bus is best.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Hi Dal C,

It's great to hear such a positive response and I'm glad you are enjoying the hotel facilities/service. Thank you for continually choosing the Radisson as your preferred hotel choice and we look forward to seeing you again!

Kindest Regards,