3,427 results
All reviews central station collage restaurant a business class room modern hotel standard room junior suite city centre mini bar argyle street leisure facilities buffet breakfast saturday night stayed one night car park bars and restaurants good nights sleep an overnight stay
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My friend and I stayed here a few nights ago and enjoyed the experience from start to finish. The staff are more than happy to help and are very friendly, which is very refreshing in a hotel of this standard. Our room was a good size, modern and airy with a ceiling to floor window. The location is fantastic as you're only 2 minutes walk from Buchanan Street and Central Station. At £86 a night on Lastminute.com this will now be my hotel of choice in Glasgow - for only a little more than your usual Travellodge/Premier Inn you get a feeling of luxury.

(Also it was a pleasant surprise that the BAFTAS were taking place the night we stayed so we also got in a little unexpected star-spotting !)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2011

They say that staff make or break a hotel. The standards and Staff at this hotel top notch Hotel has everything you could want in a four star hotel. From making your reservation, checking in the staff are friend, helpful and there is nothing to much to make you want to return to this great hotel. I attended a function and have dietary requirement which gave the staff no problem in full filling. The food service is very good and I loved the little touches including linen napkins used at all meal times.

Some of the staff I encounted during my visit could not be more helpfully. Special people, highlighted by College Manager, Angus. The breakfast was fresh and prepared beautifully.

All this stemmeds from the top. Well done to all your staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
RossSaunders, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2011

Hi Stuart,

Great to hear you enjoyed staying with us. Your kind appraisal of the staff here is greatly appreciated. Always nice to hear you are getting it right!

Hope to see you again,

Ross

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I really like this hotel. It is clean, Fresh and modern. The room was large enough and was also simple, stylish and modern with a nice comfy bed, iPod dock and flat screen tv. There was also decent wifi throughout.

Location is spot on right across from central station and just a 2 minute stroll to the shops.

Overall highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed here the night before my wedding & it was clean, fairly comfortable & had all the basics I needed. It's right in the city centre which is handy. I also booked this hotel for our wedding night. After a long, exhausting & emotional day, we just wanted to go back to the hotel & have a quiet drink together in peace. On arrival back at the hotel, wearing my very expensive, beautiful wedding dress & my husband wearing his kilt etc, we were clearly not random people off the street.

Staff at the bar asked us what room we were in & once we had sat down to relax, returned to say "the bar does not take cash & you haven't credited your room so can't serve you"! We don;t make a habit of staying in hotels so we had no idea what they meant by this. Nobody actually informed us what to do to credit our room or whatever. We were simply left sitting. other people staying at the hotel were looking at us, I felt so humiliated, all I wanted was to sit & relax & after all, I couldn't go to a local bar with my dress on!

The poor customer service shown that night, of all nights, was enough for me to never stay at the Radisson again. I was appalled & humiliated by staff who did not seem to bother at all. Poor customer service & not even a smile, which is just unfriendly as most normal people smile at an obviously newly wed couple.

The hotel is clean though but it has an over-priced mini-bar & snacks in the hotel room. The only thing I can actually say was really good was the very pleasant man who opened doors & escorted me to my wedding car with an umbrella. He went out of his way & had a smile on his face the full time. Thank you, that was the only positive experience I had at this hotel.

(I have sent a complaint in to the hotel).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank KittyVonShuShu
Saige S, Corporate Customer Service at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service you received at the bar on the night of your wedding. If you were unable to resolve with the hotel directly, and would like to discuss the situation further, please contact us at Radisson Customer Service at CustomerServiceSM@carlson.com and include the name on your reservation and the dates of your stay.

Trisha
Corporate Customer Service

Reviewed 6 November 2011

What a good hotel- 2 mins from the station and great value- rooms very nice- good wifi and a nice bar- albeit rather pricy at £5.20 a pint!!!

Good hotel and week recommended

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
RossSaunders, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2011

Hi Deneys,

Thanks for the kind review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Free wifi is always handy and our rooms have recently been refurbished so it's good to hear guests are enjoying them.

If you are to stay with us again make sure you check out our Collage Bar promos. We currently have black/white russians for £2 and we have bottled beer promotions as well!

Kindest Regards,