“Modern, Relaxing..... Special”

Ranked #34 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Modern, Relaxing..... Special”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Having not been to Glasgow City Centre before, I was intrigued to know what it was like and had arranged to stay at the Radisson Blu in the centre of town. Wow, what can I say, other than fantastic. I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the friendly and cheerful staff (pleasant surprise at the end of a long day!). On the way to my room, they even had a shoe shine machine (not seen one of those for ages!). The room was modern, well furnished, clean and was well above average in my opinion. The bathroom was excellent with a huge bath and nice shower. Plenty of towels and there were also nice touches like a bath robe and slippers. Despite the hotels location, the noise was minimal (apart from the occasional siren/car horn). The location is great if you're looking to explore Glasgow city centre - very close to shops, bars and restaurants. The concierge at the front desk (very chirpy Scot in a kilt!) recommended a local curry house (the Dhabba) which was exceptional. He even rang them and made sure we were able to get a table. I had a great nights sleep and the morning presented me with one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had - great quality and plenty to choose from - in fact almost too much! Nice atmosphere too. My flight home wasn't until the afternoon so following breakfast and a stroll around the town (literally 1 minute away!), I thought I'd try out the pool. This is located in the adjacent LA Fitness, and the hotel has it's own lift/entrance which I found very handy. The staff there were also very helpful and provide you with a towel and locker free of charge (you just have to sign in/out). The pool was lovely (and I was the only one there, which was nice!), with the added bonus of a sauna. After signing out I chose to take the number 500 bus back to the airport, the bus stop only a short walk from the hotel. The bus was only £6 one way, which is considerably cheaper than a cab, plus it runs every 10-15 mins. Overall, a great hotel and staff, good value for money, excellent location, nice friendly people, fantastic overall experience. Next time I'm in Glasgow I know where i'll be staying!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Hi Alan B,
Thanks for the excellent trip advisor review.

I'm glad to hear that we could contribute towards an excellent stay in Glasgow and I hope to see you again soon!

Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2013

What a great hotel. An excellent nights sleep in very comfortable rooms with all the things you need for a quality stay, whether it's one night or more. Smack dab in the heart of the city with all local amenities within walking distance. It has a small but comfortable restaurant with an excellent choice of menu for those who like the finer things in life. Also used as the breakfast bar which serves probably the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. All the usual fry up for breakfast along with local square sausage, black pudding, white pudding and of course haggis. The bar area is spacious and all the staff are pleasant and helpful, definitely worth spending that little bit more for.

Room Tip: If you are not sure what to do in the evening, the staff are always on hand to give good advise.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andrew C
Hello Andrew C,
Thanks for the excellent Tripadvisor review!

Our Atrium bar area is something we are particularly proud of in the hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed the setting.

Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed for the second time this past weekend and had a fantastic time. Helpful and friendly staff, beautiful room with lots of little special touches. Fab central location. Slightly pricey for room only but will return again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hengus1804
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Hi Hengus1804,
Gatehouse of Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed there for the weekend and I thought that it was excellent on all counts, staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, the rooms were spacious, well maintained and furnished to a high spec. The location was excellent for all amenities in Glasgow.
Would definitely recommend and would go again and stay without question.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Vinster1969
Hello Vinster1969,
Thank you for the fantastic review! Of all the positive points you mentioned, needless to say the most rewarding to hear is the appraisal of the staff you encountered. Customer service is always the most important part of staying in a hotel and I'm happy to hear you found us first class in this department.
We hope that we can welcome you back to The Radisson Blu Glasgow, in the future.
Best Regards,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, on a Saturday and Sunday. It was excellent.
When we arrived the hotel was extremely busy, however the very friendly concierge assisted us and took our bags to our room whilst we were checking in.

Once we got to our room, it was very modern, clean and warm.

Glasgow itself was ok, been lots of times so cannot really comment. Hotel was excellent though and I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steven D
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Hello Steven D,

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Hotel nice and central and within easy walking distance of the shops, our room was ok although I did find it rather dark, not much natural light. If we were to go back I think I would request a street view room. Nice breakfast served each morning and staff friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Hi MMSimpson,

Thanks for the review.

I'm glad to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay and that breakfast was a highlight.
We do offer 3 different styles of standard room at the hotel so next time you’re in maybe we can offer you something more to your liking.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Always return to stay here when in town.
The team are always welcoming and friendly, the rooms are always great.
Breakfast is always a highlight with good choice of Scottish food and standard fare.
Location is perfect being beside central station.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Hello mgw911,
Thanks for the excellent Tripadvisor review!

Our breakfast offering is something we are particularly proud of in the hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed the setting.

Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.