Having not been to Glasgow City Centre before, I was intrigued to know what it was like and had arranged to stay at the Radisson Blu in the centre of town. Wow, what can I say, other than fantastic. I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the friendly and cheerful staff (pleasant surprise at the end of a long day!). On the way to my room, they even had a shoe shine machine (not seen one of those for ages!). The room was modern, well furnished, clean and was well above average in my opinion. The bathroom was excellent with a huge bath and nice shower. Plenty of towels and there were also nice touches like a bath robe and slippers. Despite the hotels location, the noise was minimal (apart from the occasional siren/car horn). The location is great if you're looking to explore Glasgow city centre - very close to shops, bars and restaurants. The concierge at the front desk (very chirpy Scot in a kilt!) recommended a local curry house (the Dhabba) which was exceptional. He even rang them and made sure we were able to get a table. I had a great nights sleep and the morning presented me with one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had - great quality and plenty to choose from - in fact almost too much! Nice atmosphere too. My flight home wasn't until the afternoon so following breakfast and a stroll around the town (literally 1 minute away!), I thought I'd try out the pool. This is located in the adjacent LA Fitness, and the hotel has it's own lift/entrance which I found very handy. The staff there were also very helpful and provide you with a towel and locker free of charge (you just have to sign in/out). The pool was lovely (and I was the only one there, which was nice!), with the added bonus of a sauna. After signing out I chose to take the number 500 bus back to the airport, the bus stop only a short walk from the hotel. The bus was only £6 one way, which is considerably cheaper than a cab, plus it runs every 10-15 mins. Overall, a great hotel and staff, good value for money, excellent location, nice friendly people, fantastic overall experience. Next time I'm in Glasgow I know where i'll be staying!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Rezidor, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland