“Design Classic and good staff”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Maybe the TV control was slightly tempramental - perhaps the bar prices were slightly eye watering - but this hotel is a design classic.
I liked the layout of my room - the view - the bathroom. All good.
Ofcourse what really makes a stay are the staff - and they are all excellent with professional good manners and keen to impress.
The lift controls are a bit different to the norm as you have to select the floor you want rather than just "up" or "down".
I absentmindedly entered my room number the last time and had a real tour of the floors! Luckily the last number of the room was the same as the first so I got where I wanted to go.
I did meet one lift traveller with a terrified look on his eyes who eventually got out murmuring "at last the floor I wanted" so the concept is still a bit strange to the guests.
Have to say the Collage Bar is a fantastic place for Glasgow people watching - and again the bar staff are engaging and helpful.
Enjoyed the stay which was just for business

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Hello Jezlowprice,

Thanks for the Tripadvisor review!

Our Collage bar area is something we are particularly proud of in the hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed the setting and people watching!

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Glasgow is a city that myself and my husband visit regularly but we usually stay over at the Hilton, this time we had the opportunity to stay at the Radisson.
What a lovely modern hotel, on entering there are small desks for a more personal service rather than the long desk that you usually get at a hotel reception. Check in was very quick and easy and we were given our key, the lift is an unusual one in that you press for your floor number on the outside of the lift and it then tells you which lift to expect.
The room itself was modern and reasonably sized, I thought there was plenty of storage space and the bathroom was very clean with under floor heating, the complimentary products in the bathroom were arran aromatics which are wonderful. The only criticism that I have for the room is that the bed was a bit hard for me, but that is a personal thing and my husband had no problem.
The breakfast in the hotel is excellent with so much choice, from cereals to cooked breakfast and you can order your eggs, Scottish porridge or kippers from your waiter.
I found the staff at this hotel excellent very friendly whilst being polite and professional at all times.
This hotel has an excellent location, a minutes walk from central station and not more to the shopping area of argyle street and Buchannan street.

All in all a wonderful nights stay and will be my new choice of hotel in Glasgow in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello elsier,
Thank you for the fantastic review! Of all the positive points you mentioned, needless to say the most rewarding to hear is the appraisal of the staff you encountered. Customer service is always the most important part of staying in a hotel and I'm happy to hear you found us first class in this department.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Having not been to Glasgow City Centre before, I was intrigued to know what it was like and had arranged to stay at the Radisson Blu in the centre of town. Wow, what can I say, other than fantastic. I arrived at the hotel and was greeted by the friendly and cheerful staff (pleasant surprise at the end of a long day!). On the way to my room, they even had a shoe shine machine (not seen one of those for ages!). The room was modern, well furnished, clean and was well above average in my opinion. The bathroom was excellent with a huge bath and nice shower. Plenty of towels and there were also nice touches like a bath robe and slippers. Despite the hotels location, the noise was minimal (apart from the occasional siren/car horn). The location is great if you're looking to explore Glasgow city centre - very close to shops, bars and restaurants. The concierge at the front desk (very chirpy Scot in a kilt!) recommended a local curry house (the Dhabba) which was exceptional. He even rang them and made sure we were able to get a table. I had a great nights sleep and the morning presented me with one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had - great quality and plenty to choose from - in fact almost too much! Nice atmosphere too. My flight home wasn't until the afternoon so following breakfast and a stroll around the town (literally 1 minute away!), I thought I'd try out the pool. This is located in the adjacent LA Fitness, and the hotel has it's own lift/entrance which I found very handy. The staff there were also very helpful and provide you with a towel and locker free of charge (you just have to sign in/out). The pool was lovely (and I was the only one there, which was nice!), with the added bonus of a sauna. After signing out I chose to take the number 500 bus back to the airport, the bus stop only a short walk from the hotel. The bus was only £6 one way, which is considerably cheaper than a cab, plus it runs every 10-15 mins. Overall, a great hotel and staff, good value for money, excellent location, nice friendly people, fantastic overall experience. Next time I'm in Glasgow I know where i'll be staying!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Hi Alan B,
Thanks for the excellent trip advisor review.

I'm glad to hear that we could contribute towards an excellent stay in Glasgow and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

What a great hotel. An excellent nights sleep in very comfortable rooms with all the things you need for a quality stay, whether it's one night or more. Smack dab in the heart of the city with all local amenities within walking distance. It has a small but comfortable restaurant with an excellent choice of menu for those who like the finer things in life. Also used as the breakfast bar which serves probably the best breakfast I have ever had in a hotel. All the usual fry up for breakfast along with local square sausage, black pudding, white pudding and of course haggis. The bar area is spacious and all the staff are pleasant and helpful, definitely worth spending that little bit more for.

Room Tip: If you are not sure what to do in the evening, the staff are always on hand to give good advise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrew C

Hello Andrew C,
Thanks for the excellent Tripadvisor review!

Our Atrium bar area is something we are particularly proud of in the hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed the setting.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed for the second time this past weekend and had a fantastic time. Helpful and friendly staff, beautiful room with lots of little special touches. Fab central location. Slightly pricey for room only but will return again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hengus1804
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Hi Hengus1804,

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I stayed there for the weekend and I thought that it was excellent on all counts, staff were very friendly and extremely helpful, the rooms were spacious, well maintained and furnished to a high spec. The location was excellent for all amenities in Glasgow.
Would definitely recommend and would go again and stay without question.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Vinster1969

Hello Vinster1969,
We hope that we can welcome you back to The Radisson Blu Glasgow, in the future.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2013

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights, on a Saturday and Sunday. It was excellent.
When we arrived the hotel was extremely busy, however the very friendly concierge assisted us and took our bags to our room whilst we were checking in.

Once we got to our room, it was very modern, clean and warm.

Glasgow itself was ok, been lots of times so cannot really comment. Hotel was excellent though and I would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steven D
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Hello Steven D,