“Excellent stay at the Radisson Blu” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow

Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay at the Radisson Blu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

The service at the hotel was excellent in all areas from the moment of checking in to checking out. The room was a nice size, very clean and comfortable with all requirements catered for. The breakfast was very good with a huge selection to choose from. We also had an evening meal at the Collage restaurant and the food and service was very good. We would have no hesitation staying there again or recommending it to family and friends.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Hello Julie S,
Thank you for the excellent review!
We are delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and you enjoyed dining in Collage Restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Victoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Turkish first
g82 4qr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Raddison for one night, We had dinner which was all very nice and buffet breakfast in the morning which had an endless choice - something to suit everyone. Room was very modern and standards of cleanliness high. I would recommend this hotel and I would certainly go back. Location 2 minutes walk from Glasgow Central Station, 10 - 15 mins walk from Central and for those who are flying a 10 - 15 mins ride from airport. Lots of pubs, clubs and eateries and for those who want to shop until you drop - you are in the right place.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Jono 1888,
Thank you for the great Tripadvisor review. It is great to read that you enjoyed staying with us and breakfast was a highlight. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

So let's start... First on check in we were asked for authorisation for the rate of the room on a debit card but I said no knowing the procedure that it is prohibited within hotels to do so unless you have a credit card. We weren't asked if we wanted wake up call or newspaper which should be mandatory. Didn't offer us for option to include breakfast in the morning or even tell us it was room only we had. Champagne was ordered and payed for well in advance to the reservation date to b placed in the room as a surprise for me coming with it being such a special night, not knowing at this point I was going to get proposed to. There was no champagne in the room until we phoned and ordered it after finally getting into our room after keys not being activated frm reception and had humphed bags about to get to the room to go bk down agen. We had no access to mini bar as card wasn't "left open for charges" yet when I asked to c our room billing screen there was 3 windows of charges there, how was that possible with no card to post to the room, there should have been a no post on then surely, no? 3 females in whole bar area, bit obvious I'm only one wearing leopard, it does stand out, wasn't going to give me my leopard bag back matching my exact outfit, which was handed over to the bar after me going to the toilet and already having altercations with the bar staff so they know it was mine, even whn I said I had my passport in it as identification I still didn't get it back without putting up a fight. All of this is after telling the bar staff with a beaming smile and bursting with joy that I had just gotten engaged a few moments before walking in after midnight, this is how I was getting treated. I didn't get so much as a nod or congratulations from one member of the bar staff they just looked away when I said it and poured my drink. When complaining to duty manager I was told "well it doesn't matter if I give you free breakfast because you're going to complain on trip advisor anyway now aren't you?" as you can imagine this was the "great 5 star experience" you expect to get after just being proposed to shortly after the bells. I can understand staff morale being down having to work the hogmany shift. I work in a hotel and did not have an attitude being there and missing out on my christmas with my family to cater for guests. For a 5 star hotel and working in only a 4 star hotel I can't state how shocked I am. We would have done everything we could if guests came in and shared their news, especially if they had a complaint we certainly wouldn't have let the rest of their night continue to be ruined. I could have booked my own hotel for £30 but instead pay £169 for a room only rate paying over the odds for the fact that I would have a wonderful stay in a top notch hotel and get treated how we would treat guests ourselves. I don't know who has gave this hotel their stars but for a couple walking through the door announcing their engagement to get treated how we did was quite disappointing and has ruined a once in a lifetime experience. We could have stayed out until closing hours but thought we would have a better relaxed time coming back to the hotel to finish our night. BIG MISTAKE! I will never get that night back. When asking why our room had charges added when they had no authorisation to do so as we only had debit cards with us the duty manager didn't know what to say as I was correct on what I was saying which is exactly why we haven't been chased for drinks charges. The barman who rudely interrupted us and hadn't served us that night asking what the problem was as if he was in charge and taking hold of the situation told us he was 18 and it is to my understanding that you have to be 18 to serve alcohol according to the licensing law. I wonder if they know that this barman has been working the bar at radisson for "years without any complaints" strange! He obviously took it upon himself to see us as the entertainment for the night to stir up some sort of commotion as the hotel was so dead and it gave them something to do and laugh at. His attitude was very smarmy to use the correct word and I could never imagine any of my hotel staff getting away with that. Maybe that's just how they work in the radisson but for a 5 star and paying £139 extra than my own hotel I'm quite disgusted and upset with the whole situation. Under the circumstances of having the right attitude of staff on shift that night I would have had a wonderful night and praised the radisson hotel chain until then. I have never written a comment or complaint on trip advisor in my life but I wouldn't like anyone else to be dissappointed like I was. What I would say is have a look at some other hotels in glasgow if you were considering radisson if it's a romantic or special night you were booking for. I think they are more for business travellers sort of thing. I imagine they will be losing a star if they have any audits anytime soon and they have the staff on shift that I experienced. I wasn't offered any sort of gratuity or reimbursement for my stay. "It will get noted in handover book and I'm sorry" I think I've said enough for you to judge if this is the sort of hotel you would like to give your hard earned cash to. Look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank S873766
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Hello S873766,
Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review.
I can see we never managed to get it right on your last visit. Excellent customer service is something we strive to achieve here at the Radisson Blu Glasgow and I'm sorry we never got it right for you this time around.
Please contact me directly if there are any points you would like to discuss further.
Kindest Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Came for a conference here. The room was large and comfortable. It was on the cool side but suited me. Towels were large and fluffy. Bed firm. I asked for feather pillows which came promptly but were rather lumpy. Breakfast was reasonable for a large hotel - the usual buffet style bits and pieces but also some items to order that looked good but i didn't try any. Overall a good stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hello J R,
Thank you for your recent Tripadvisor review
It is great to read that you enjoyed staying with us for a conference. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future
Birmingham UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Have to declare a bias as I stay in Radisson hotels a lot and collect Club Carlson points! Have stayed here for 4 months; service always friendly and efficient. Some slight niggles with rooms (I see another review reported a constant vibration noise from the inside courtyard - this happened to me, but to their credit I only had that once), occasional blocked sinks, showers not working quite right etc. but these things happen. They can be really busy but I've rarely had a problem with breakfast service (my biggest bugbear!) Can't give them less than 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Hi scott4u,
Thank you for the great Tripadvisor review. We are delighted to read that you enjoy staying with us and the benefits of Club Carlson points!We will look forward to welcoming you back on business soon. Kind Regards, Victoria
edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Good hotel with excellent friendly staff. We very much enjoyed our stay here. Especially the no tray charge for breakfast to be delivered to our room, felt very indulgent. Only a short walk/over the road from the Argyle Street exit at Central Station if arriving by train.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Hello Fraser W,
Thank you very much for the review you recently posted
It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your visit. We are delighted you enjoyed breakfast in bed! We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Recently stayed at the hotel as a quick getaway for weekend. Staff very friendly, especially in the restaurant at breakfast.

Room very clean and nice design, best sleep in ages to be honest.

Breakfast was great! food fresh and hot. Stayed in various Radisson Blu hotels before and been disappointed by the breakfast but this one was the best.

Very close to Glasgow central station, 2min walk and easy to find.

Cant really find anything negative to say about this hotel. Would defiantly come back again!

Hi jackieboii,
Thank you for the excellent Tripadvisor review. we are delighted to hear that you had a great nights sleep and breakfast was a highlight. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon. Kind Regards, Victoria