“Lovely hotel”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed here June 7-9, 2014 with a large group. We really enjoyed this hotel. The room was large and clean. Ample closet space, too. The bathroom was nice, but those towels! Oh my I would love to have some of those at my house! They were huge! The hotel is in a really convenient area and close to transportation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hello eowensby,
Thank you for the excellent Tripadvisor review. It is fantastic to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that our bath robes were a highlight! We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Kindest Regards, Victoria

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here on Saturday night to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had requested a standby upgrade and this was granted on arrival. Our room was on the 6th floor, clean,comfortable,quiet and with great air con. When we arrived back after shopping there was a bottle of Prosecco chilling in an ice bucket with a Congratulations card.Such a nice touch and very appreciated.Cocktails in the Atrium bar were 1st class as was breakfast on Sunday morning.Would highly recommend this hotel and will hopefully return soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi MRSMCM,
Thank you for choosing to spend your anniversary at the Radisson Blu Glasgow. It is great to read that you had a great time and enjoyed cocktails in the Atrium Bar. We hope to see you back at the hotel again soon Kind Regards, Victoria

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was a guest at the Radisson Blu on Friday 13 June for a charity dinner in aid of Action for Children. The hotel provided an excellent service catering for over 400 people in the dining room on 1st floor. Staff were both friendly and helpful in meeting any needs. The hotel is close to Central Station and near to motorway network. The valet parking was very convenient, and although double yellow lines are in the small layby outside and this also serves as a bus stop, you can pull in for 10 minutes to offload or load your vehicle.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Hello Jane H,

Thank you for the excellent Tripadvisor review. It is great to read that you enjoyed the Action for Children Event at the hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon Kind Regards, Victoria

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Radisson Blu as a last min offer. The hotel is in a great location ,only being a few mins walk from the train station. We didn't have breakfast in our deal but was asked if we would like to book it on arrival, at I think £12.95 pp which apparently was a special price but with a weatherspoons directly across the road we choose to have our breakfast there at half the price. The Hotel is lovely ,very clean and the staff were pleasant .Only slight niggle was being offered a morning paper and asking for complimentary soap , im still waiting on both.I would definitely recommend the Radisson Blu as it is a lovely hotel .

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caroline T
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hello Caroline,
Thanks for the excellent trip advisor review.
I'm glad to hear that we could contribute towards an excellent stay in Glasgow and I hope to see you again soon!
Kindest Regards,
Victoria

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed here before, and this time we took my in-laws to stay for a special anniversary. I can't express, again, how much this hotel has to offer. Very comfortable rooms, centrally placed in the city and close to everything you could wish to visit. The rooms are extremely comfortable, well lit, with all facilities with in them.
We took full advantage of the bar and restaurant facilities whilst we were here and booked in to the restaurant upon arriving. All four of us ordered somethings different and thoroughly enjoyed our meals- this varied from steak to duck and lamb- all beautifully cooked.
The staff here are a joy- they can't do enough for you and are always smiling and courteous. As I've said previously, despite being a large hotel this place feels welcoming and comfortable and I could quite happily stay within the environment due to the excellent food and drinks that it provides within it. My favourite hotel in Glasgow!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lch10

Hello Ich10,
A review like this is exactly what we are aiming for! Thank you for the glowing recommendation and I hope we see you again in the near future.
Kind Regards,Victoria

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed here for two nights with my dad at the beginning of March. I'd like to begin by praising one of the hotel's porters, who was extremely pleasant and genial to us throughout our stay. Unfortunately I cannot remember his name, but he was a lovely man who made every effort to make us feel comfortable; my gripe with the Radisson in Glasgow concerns one of the concierge staff and also extends to a wider criticism of the hotel management.
Upon arriving at the hotel we ordered a taxi at the concierge desk to take us to Celtic Park, where we were due to watch a Glasgow Celtic F.C. match that afternoon. When the taxi failed to arrive at the agreed time, we returned to the concierge desk to request help. The woman at the desk - who had initially assured us that she would book a taxi for us - was extremely rude, responding to our inquiry in a brusque, aggressive manner. Initially we were both silenced by the coldness and open hostility of her manner. She then dismissively informed us that she was busy. Upon my dad's insistence, she eventually called the taxi, but the damage had already been done.
Extremely disappointed - indeed, flabbergasted - at how we had been treated, upon returning home myself and my dad drafted a letter of complaint which we sent to the hotel by post and also via e-mail. This was 3 months ago, and we haven't received any response whatsoever. Suffice to say that this only served to compound the resentment and frustration we both felt at how we had been treated. I had initially reserved my disdain for the Radisson's Glasgow hotel due to the shoddy treatment we received at the hands of one of their members of staff, but after being subsequently shunned by the manager to whom our letter of complaint was addressed, I think I'll avoid the Radisson altogether.

All in all, our stay was ruined by that particular member of staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank realmadridfresh
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello Real Madrid Fresh,
Thanks for the honest appraisal of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Glasgow.
It sounds like we could have provided a higher level of service during your visit.We would like to speak to you to discuss the trip in greater depth. As far as I am aware we have not recieved the letter and would like to make this situation right. If you could contact myself victoria.howie@radissonblu.com
Excellent customer service is something we strive to achieve here at the Radisson and I'm sorry we never got it right for you this time around.
Kind Regards, Victoria

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

The location of this hotel is absolutely ideal. You're right outside central station and within ten minutes walk of pretty much everything you'll need.

You can park in the NCP car park which is a couple minutes walk away on Oswald Street. The hotel will validate your parking ticket so you will get 24 hours parking for £7.50. Ask them to validate it for you when checking out.

This is a lovely, clean hotel. These guys want you to come back again - and you probably will. You get two tunnocks caramel wafers on arrival. Nice touch. Someone then knocks your door and gives you tea cakes and water as a gift. Happy days.

The rooms are really clean and the bed is comfy if maybe a little hard. Not as large as I'd expect from a five star hotel though and I feel this is more like some four star hotels I've stayed in. That doesn't take away from a great stay though.

There's an ice bucket in your room with no ice - we found an ice machine in the hall when leaving. Wish we'd noticed it or been told it was there before because we'd have used it!

Great stay, friendly staff, lovely hotel. Will be back. Thanks Radisson!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank manparadigm
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Hello Robin B,
A review like this is exactly what we are aiming for! We do offer 3 different styles of standard room at the hotel so next time you’re in maybe we can offer you something more to your liking. Thank you for the glowing recommendation and I hope we see you again in the near future. Kind Regards, Victoria