We stayed here last night as we were at a wedding in Glasgow. We arrived at 1pm but the room wasn't ready although other people were checking in with no problem. We explained that we needed to get changed ready for the wedding at 3pm in the centre of Glasgow and the receptionist rang housekeeping to see how long the room would be. They advised 40 mins so we were asked to wait. We weren't bothered too much as this allowed us plenty of time to get to the wedding. By 2.10pm however I was getting concerned as the room still wasn't ready. I asked reception what was happening and they rang housekeeping again who said that they would be another ten minutes. By this point I went to the toilets in the bar/restaurant area and started getting ready as I knew we were running out of time. We eventually got to the room at 2.20pm and the maids were still there but they hadnt hoovered the room. I told them not to bother as I needed to get changed and they apologised and left. We finished getting ready and made it to the wedding on Time but it wasn't the way I would have Iiked it as I was a bit hassled and worried we would be late. The hotel is nice and the room was spacious and quiet. The parking is good - you park in the NCP around the corner and get your token validated and the rate is only £7.50 for 24 hours which is very cheap for Glasgow. The breakfast was very good - buffet style and all kinds of stuff to suit everyone. cooked stuff, cold, continental and other bits and pieces. No problem getting extra tea or coffee or toast etc.
I would stay here again as it is in a good location and very handy. The rooms are very expensive because of the start of the Commonwealth Games so the prices are silly at the moment but under normal circumstances it is good value for money. We could have had our breakfast in our room at no extra fee but we didn't have time time to complete the form because of the delay with the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland