We ordered room service on the first night. It cost 48.80 and we had three courses with the starter and cheesboard being shared it was no better than pub grub the 8.00 + cheesboard had 4 oatcakes and 3 small slices of cheese. The chips were not cooked properly and I am sure that all the chefs had gone home although it was just 9 oclock. Why did we not complain because we were tired and did not want to get off to the wrong start as we had just booked in and were staying another night. Next morning the breakfast was wonderful and we were very impressed with the staff service so decided not to complain about the previous night.
We had one set of drinks on the Saturday night but it was taking almost 20 minutes to be served a whiskey and coffee so went to bed early without having more.
On the Sunday morning we were put into a different restaurant for breakfast which was in no way the same as the one offered the previous day. Excuses were that there were a lot of children in the one that we had been in before and we would maybe prefer piece and quiet. Almost half the items were missing that we had the day before and we had to walk into the other restaurant in order to obtain a piece of black pudding. The waitress put everybody as far away as possible from there in order to save money for the hotel as when we entered the restaurant with more items it was empty. Why not put the children that were not paying the same rate as us in the restaurant of lesser quality!!!
My final complaint is that the mini bars cans of diet coke are 2.80 each. We all understand these cost a bit extra but come on!!!
I have never written a review before but we spent 350.00 for two nights at this hotel and I feel like telling everyone about our disappointing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Rezidor, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland