Stayed at the Radisson Blu for 2 nights from 13th-15th August. We had requested a double room as opposed to a twin room. Being a 5 star hotel, we had no doubts that we were going to have a lovely stay. Unfortunately, this was not the case. The bed was unbearably uncomfortable - they had pushed two single beds together and put a double sheet on top (no mattress topper underneath). The mattress was really hard and as the beds were pushed together, the tufted ends of the bed were right down the middle of my husband and I which was really painful to lie on - if you wanted to lie on the middle of the bed. The mattress was that hard that my whole body had swollen up by the time we left (especially my knees). The room was also far too hot, we had to continuously have the air conditioning on which gave us a sore throat by the end of the trip. We also noticed when walking past some rooms that were being cleaned - they also had twin beds pushed together. So must be standard practice throughout the hotel!
The staff were pleasant but we found it very difficult to pay for our drinks/snacks etc at the bars. They are supposed to give you a slip to sign each time you order something which would be charged to the credit card you checked in with. On the first occasion, the barman left the slip on our table to sign but with no pen (had to stand in the bar cue to get a pen), on the second and third occasion we weren't given a slip at all to sign so we had to stand in the cue on both occasions to request one (we could have quite as easily walked away without paying, without question).
As for the breakfast - it was nice but not worth the money they are asking. It is quite a small buffet - not much choice in comparison to other hotels I have stayed in (at a lower star). Had to wait 10 minutes on our first morning before being asked if we wanted tea/coffee or toast - second morning was better service.
I don't normally complain if I have had a bad experience on any trip I have had but as this was so bad with virtually 48 hours of no sleep - for a 5 star hotel, it is an absolute joke.
On the plus side, the location of the hotel is excellent but that is the only plus. We would not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland