I got a deal on Expedia for a business class room with free movies and breakfast included. I arrived at the hotel at 1500 but was told that no rooms were ready. Despite the official check in time being 1500. I wasn't offered a free coffee or anything, just told to come back in twenty minutes. When I did get in my room the free movies had not been activated and I had to call reception to get this sorted. I also found it odd that bath salts were part of the complimentary toiletries, but there is no bath! There is a bit of noise from the lift, despite my room being at least five doors down from the lift area. The mini bar was locked so I couldn't use it as a fridge.
On the positives the hotel is a few steps from Central station. The rooms are reasonable with a kettle, expresso machine, widescreen TV with Sky Sports, free wifi, a safe and a decent shower. The breakfast buffet is also reasonable, but had only two pastry options and was missing bananas on the second day of my stay.
The gym opening times on the weekend are not good, with it shutting at 1600 on a Sunday - so given the delay in check in I was unable to use the gym. The hotel is busy, but apart from the lift noise there is no noise from either the street or other guests. I was a bit disturbed to find someone had entered my room when I was at dinner on the first night, and someone tried to get in when I was in on the second night. Both times was to leave a bottle of water that had not been left when housekeeping cleaned the room. I do not consider this to be good practice and it seemed more like an excuse to enter the room when I was out. I did not find anything missing, so it may be innocent enough.
To sum up for me the negatives slightly outweighed the positives and so I can't really recommend this hotel unless you get a cheap deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland