“Pity about Price during Commonwealth Games”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow
Ranked #32 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This was our second visit as we went there shortly after meeting. Unfortunately the Games were on in Glasgow on our date and the price was exorbitant. However we were in a "Business" room this time which may have explained some of the price increase. It was certainly a really good room!!
We have found the food and staff really first class and have no hesitation in recommending it. A nice touch was a card in the room saying "Welcome back Alan Stewart" so their records are pretty good as it was exactly a year between visits.

Room Tip: Both classes of room we have used have been very good
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Hi Alan S,

Thank you very much for the review you recently posted
It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your recent visit.
Your kind words will be communicated to the team, who I am sure will be as pleased as I was to hear your praise.
We hope to welcome you back again soon to the hotel
Kind Regards, Victoria

Write a ReviewReviews (3,061)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This was a first visit to Glasgow, traveling with my sister. The hotel was nice, in a good location,and room was comfortable. Check in was not smooth, as it was difficult to understand their practice of charging you £50 a day for any extras you may incur??? Our concierge /bellman John was very helpful and knowledgeable.
We had the breakfast buffet and found it to be chaotic, Our coffee never arrived so we could eat it with our meal, and our cooked entrees came later after the toast became cold. I felt the serving team was not well trained and not customer focused at all.
Each evening they brought us a little local Glasgow cookie and bottles of water. The mini bar is electronic so you can't touch anything without being charged regardless of only trying to read labels to see if coke was caffeine free. Hard to put an apple in the refrigerator for over night.

Room Tip: We were in Business class room, very quiet big enough to move around in. AC worked fine without bein...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jlh206

Hello jlh206,
Thanks for the review.
I'm glad to hear that on the whole you enjoyed your stay.
Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my sisters hen weekend and had an amazing time. The staff were great special mentions to Dylan,Jack and John, I have a broken ankle and using crutches due to a last minute accident the hotel was very helpful in changing the room configurations.

Room was a good size and very clean.

Only minor complaint was breakfast service on sunday morning as it was a bit slow but it would not stop me returning.

Im looking forward to finding an excuse to return.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Victoriahowie, Radisson Blu Glasgow at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Hello Debbie S,
Thank you for the excellent Tripadvisor Review. It is great to read that you enjoyed the Hen weekend at the weekend! We hope your ankle is on the mend soon and that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the future Kind Regards, Victoria

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I got a deal on Expedia for a business class room with free movies and breakfast included. I arrived at the hotel at 1500 but was told that no rooms were ready. Despite the official check in time being 1500. I wasn't offered a free coffee or anything, just told to come back in twenty minutes. When I did get in my room the free movies had not been activated and I had to call reception to get this sorted. I also found it odd that bath salts were part of the complimentary toiletries, but there is no bath! There is a bit of noise from the lift, despite my room being at least five doors down from the lift area. The mini bar was locked so I couldn't use it as a fridge.

On the positives the hotel is a few steps from Central station. The rooms are reasonable with a kettle, expresso machine, widescreen TV with Sky Sports, free wifi, a safe and a decent shower. The breakfast buffet is also reasonable, but had only two pastry options and was missing bananas on the second day of my stay.

The gym opening times on the weekend are not good, with it shutting at 1600 on a Sunday - so given the delay in check in I was unable to use the gym. The hotel is busy, but apart from the lift noise there is no noise from either the street or other guests. I was a bit disturbed to find someone had entered my room when I was at dinner on the first night, and someone tried to get in when I was in on the second night. Both times was to leave a bottle of water that had not been left when housekeeping cleaned the room. I do not consider this to be good practice and it seemed more like an excuse to enter the room when I was out. I did not find anything missing, so it may be innocent enough.

To sum up for me the negatives slightly outweighed the positives and so I can't really recommend this hotel unless you get a cheap deal.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the lift area
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IanSwindon
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Hi Ian Swindon,
Thanks for the honest appraisal of your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Hotel Glasgow. It is great to read that you enjoyed our location and our new bedroom televisions.Unfortunately the opening times for Sport's Direct Fitness are outwith the hotels control as it is operated by the gym and not the hotel. The water is a gift that is delivered by our Food and Beverage assistants rather than our Housekeeping team. In future if you do not wish this to happen there is do not disturb signs on the back of all the doors of the hotel.We hope that we can welcome you back to The Radisson Blu Glasgow, in the future. Kind Regards, Victoria

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Just spent a great weekend here and would highly recommend it. Excellent hotel in a superb location. Great rooms, friendly staff and Sunday breakfast till midday - perfect!! Looking forward to our next visit already.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Hi thornbillbank,
Thanks for the excellent Tripadvisor review!
Our breakfast offering is something we are particularly proud of in the hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed the selection and the late brekkie on Sunday!.
Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here over the valentines weekend and had a fabulous time. The staff were very welcoming and accommodating. The room was lovely and spacious with a bath and shower both clean and welcoming.
The location is great for getting around the city and the bar attached to the hotel does some delicious cocktails! Wifi and gym and swimming facilities attached although we didn't quite make it down there.
Will definitely stay here again if I visit Glasgow!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Sarah E,
Thanks for the excellent Tripadvisor review! Next time you're in Glasgow I hope we shall see you again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed Friday and Saturday as part of a hen do and couldn't have felt more welcome. All the staff were great, except from one man, in a suit who was working Saturday breakfast and Sunday breakfast - he never seemed to smile or say hello!? The rooms were lovely and great that we were all close together. Breakfast was nice with a great choice both mornings, although very tight on toast!! Dylan, who was working on the bar was fantastic, we originally had booked an area in the bar on the Friday which was nice but we weren't allowed to play or own music so we asked Dylan if we could get somewhere where we could do this and he sorted it all out for us. The only downfall of this was that the room we got was upstairs from the bar - but he served us all night and done all the running up and down the stairs so we didn't have too ! Great service, great food, great hotel - will be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Victoriahowie, Assistant Director of Sales at Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Hello Crob125,
Thank you very much for the review you recently posted
It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your visit for the hen weekend
Your kind words will be communicated to the team and Dylan, who I am sure will be as pleased as I was to hear your praise.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future Kind Regards, Victoria