I stayed at the Radisson for three nights whilst working in Glasgow. Located very close to Central Station the location is ideal for getting around central Glasgow although the immediate environs are not the most appealing. The hotel looks swish and modern and the entrance is very pleasant.
Check in was swift and friendly, despite my relatively early arrival the staff sought to find me a free room on a busy weekend. I was given a so called Modern Room on the 5th floor at the front of the building. The room layout was odd - a central desk unit took up a lot of space and made movement around the bed a tad tricky. The bathroom was nice with a walk in shower (no bath). There also didn't seem to be much wardrobe space - presumably if you are "modern" you don't need many clothes. Unfortunately despite being a non smoking floor my room reeked of cigarettes. So the staff quickly found me a room on the 6th floor in one of their City Rooms. The layout was a bit better, though the bed being angled jauntily to one side meant watching TV in bed wasn't the most comfortable experience. A lot more wardrobe space though and a bath with shower over it instead of a walk in.
The hotel has great wif-fi, which is free of charge (as it should be). Another good thing is that if breakfast is included in your room rate there is no extra charge for delivering it to your room (again the way it shoudl be) and it's jolly nice when it gets there too.
The only thing that troubled me was that there was a constant background hum (not the a/c and several colleagues metioned the same thing) from some kind of machinery and a reguar (every 15 seconds or so) sound akin to someone moving a heavy pice of furniture - the staff couldn't work out what it was and I was so tired I slept anyway but otherwise it would have driven me insane.
Overall, nice staff, comfortable rooms, decent location and quite good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rezidor, Booking.com, Prestigia, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland