We arrived by train midday from Edinburgh; our room wasn't ready, but they were glad to take our luggage. Since we were on a railpass, we got great advice from the concierge desk about which train to take to spend the afternoon in Balloch and Loch Lomond. There is a beautiful national park there (John Muir), an aquarium which didn't stop at, a nice restaurant/café, and lots of walking trails.
When we returned our room was ready. We weren't in it for the view (see photo), but enjoyed the layout, the very comfortable bed, the spacious work area, the large closet with plenty of hangers, and the tower which held the fridge (with personal space as well as mini-bar), the tea kettle, breakfast supplies, and TV. The bathroom was large, the supplies provided were quite good, and there was a retractable clothesline in the tub/shower. Everything was immaculate.
I'm a 3-4 star person and this is supposedly a 5-star hotel. When we asked about ice machines at the front desk, she replied "Would you like some ice?" "Yes," we said. Someone delivered a bucket of ice to the room (read, needed a tip). Turns out there are ice machines available, so that wasn't really necessary.
There is a computer for general use in the lobby. It was being monopolized by someone doing her business from there; when she was still there when we returned from dinner and a walk, we politely asked her to let us use it long enough to check our email. She complied.
This hotel is kitty-corner from Central Station and less than 10-minute walk to Queen Street. The city was very easy to see on foot, by bus or subway. We enjoyed our stay and felt staff was generally very responsive and helpful.
We had a terrific price on the room, which because of time of year, dropped to 89 pounds for the Thurs - Sat nights we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland