Booked a standard room 1 week in advance and requested bottle of chanpagne to be in the room prior to our arrival. Arrived in room to find the hotel had forgotten about the champagne. Room was clean and business-like, resembled something like a travel lodge (although nothing wrong with travel lodges but we thought we were paying for 5 star!). However, the tiny bathroom and bath were probably the worst we have seen in a long while. There was black mould around the very small bath which for any hotel is shocking, never mind an apparent '5 star' establishment.
On complaining about the champagne and bathroom, the reception staff member was apologetic and upgraded us to a suite which was very spacious with a nice bathroom. However, the room smelled of cigarette smoke, one of the two flat screen tv's didn't work, the large corner window was leaking water from the heavy rain outside and there were several kirby grips lying on the floor around the room! If we were paying for this suite, the standard we encountered would be TOTALLY unacceptable.
The staff were polite but not overly friendly and they didn't give us any info about the fitness suite when we checked in or ask us if we enjoyed our stay when we checked out!
On a plus note, the reception area looks impressive, the buffet breakfast was excellent and the hotel's location, although not in the best area, is convenient for the City.
If you want 5 star in Glasgow, don't stay here, go to the Hotel Du Vin instead which is superior in EVERY department.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trendy and sophisticated, Radisson Blu Glasgow is located in the heart of the culture-rich city. Shopping and popular attractions such as Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Riverside Museum and the SSE Hydro are all nearby. Each of the 238 elegant bedrooms and suites come with bathrobe and slippers, top-end toiletries and a mini bar. Enjoy the delectable and creative fare of Collage Restaurant offering a unique twist on the British Brassiere, then stop by the two on-site bars for perfectly poured cocktails, wine and beer. When you're not out exploring rejuvenate in the fitness and wellness facilities which include a swimming pool. The exceptional meeting facilities are some of the best in the city, boasting 15 meeting rooms hosting up to 800 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, Rezidor, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Hotel Glasgow
- Radisson Glasgow
- Glasgow Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Glasgow Scotland