“Great treatments, tired looking facilities!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow Ltd
Ranked #9 of 47 Spas & Wellness in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow. We look forward to providing you with a wonderful spa experience whether it be to relax, rejuvenate or invigorate. View our website for our varied and complete treatment menu. Please sign up for our daily Newsletter for the latest information on our seasonal and themed treatments for girls groups, men only and lots more. Signing up will ensure you have all the latest info on treatments, prices and offers. You will find a Newsletter pop-up subscription form as soon as you visit our website.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great treatments, tired looking facilities!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I enjoyed my spa experience and was looked after very well. The treatments were great, with attentive and professional staff. They have the smallest shared changing facilities that I have ever experienced and I was almost rubbing shoulders with one lady as it was busy. The pool area could do with some maintance and overall modernisation. I would use the spa again if I was getting a similar deal because the treatments were so good, I would not however pay full price.

1 Thank Milzy30

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic treatments, shame about the facilities!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Booked a deal through Groupon for 2 people for £69 which included 2 half hour treatments, use of the pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi and a mug of flora tea. Went with 2 of my friends for a firly spa day. collected towels and entered the very cramp/crowded changing area which contained lockers/mirrors/hairdryers. no changing cubicles available, as I am unkeen on getting changed in front of strangers I used the toilet as a changing room. The toilets had an unfresh smell to them. and the overall changin area was a little tired with some modern fixtures. we entered the pool area which again looked a little tired and in need of some TLC, metal safety railings were rusty and there were many cracked tiles and it looked like the area could do with a good bleach. we were then greeted by a stray plaster on the floor, granted this could happen anywhere. however saying that we still enjoyed a dip in the pool which was perfect temperature, and we visitied the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. us girls enjoyed chilling on the lovely loungers around the pool in our robes and slippers until we were taken for our treatment. Treament room are ideally located within the pool area. I shared a double room with my friend which I was more than happy with and we both loved our treatments, I had the most amazing back, neck and shoulder massage and elemis facial by the lovely Donna. Donna tailor made my treatment for me and ensured that she asked how I like my massage and what kind of skin I have for my facial. If I could rate the facilities and the treatments seperately I would. I would give a 2 for facilities and a 4+ for the treatments from Donna. I would return as it was extremely good value for money but would be dissapointed if I had paid the full price of over £100 for a day spa package.

Edinburgh
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

My husband got me a gift from Living Social for my birthday and I was a bit put off from the negative reviews but I had a lovely time.

My therapist was so nice and professional and I had the most relaxing massage. I was worried about my facial as my skin is so sensitive but I mentioned this to the therapist and she used suitable products. My skin glowed afterwards!

I live near by and will definitely return!

The only down side is that I wasn't offered the complimentary tea, but not a massive issue.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for or NOT in this case”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

This was supposed to be a relaxing, stress free, enjoyable day for my mother and myself after a recent bereavement but sadly it was anything but.
Having arrived early, as advised to do when I phoned, we were taken downstairs and seated at the spa reception desk. We were informed that our therapists were running slightly late which wasnt a problem to us at this stage and when the two girls arrived to greet us they seemed pleasant enough, if a little young. They asked us to follow them through to a room, which when opened revealed two beds inside and a clock on the unit which said showed 12:10.

I explained to the girls that it was supposed to be two separate rooms as I had specifically said to the girl on the phone when booking that I was coming with my mother, not a boyfriend/husband and therefore didnt want a couples room. The girls seemed a bit unsure what to do at first but then both disappeared to consult with someone regarding this mistake. They came back and informed us that there was a room with a sliding partition in it but this was in use, as were all the other rooms. They did offer to do one of us then and one at 4pm or to re-book and come back another day but as I had already taken a days leave from work and had to pick my son up from nursery later in the afternoon, I agreed to carry on in the room.

They went back out to let us change and get up on the beds by which time it was 12:25. As I climbed onto my bed, I noticed it was lying lopsided so pointed this out to the girl who agreed it was. I felt as if I was going to roll off it or it was going to collapse on me but she just laughed and said it was fine and wouldnt collapse. There was no consultation about the massage choice we gave, even though we were told upstairs we would have one with our therapist and be advised if it was the best massage for our needs. The massage started and it was alright although I was waiting on her getting to the main bit I needed massaged i.e neck & shoulders but all she done was some of my back and then concentrated more on arms and legs. The next thing we knew they were telling us it was over, it was now 13:00.

I queried the fact that it was supposed to be an hours massage and the girls said that the hour massage time starts from when they introduce themselves to us (at reception) and the hour includes the time it takes to get changed aswell. According to them they had given us an extra 5 mins due to them running late. I couldnt believe my ears and as such, contacted a couple of other massage places to ask if this was normal procedure. Needless to say they have laughed at this ridiculous suggestion and said an hours massage means an hours massage!

And to top the day off, when trying to use the steam room there was a fire alarm and we ended up standing outside until told it was clear to go back in. Although I understand this is by no means the fault of the spa, it just added to an already disasterous day! We came away from our 'relaxing spa day' more stressed out than we had been going in and that really bothers me.

I am extremely disappointed as I expected far more professionalism from a company working within such a big hotel chain. Given that the time of starting late was in no way our fault, this should have been taken into account.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank Straight_talker60
Glasgow, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very relaxing experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

I visited this spa with 2 friends after buying a voucher online. On arriving we were shown to the pool area where we had a swim and a sauna before getting ready for our treatments. The pool area was nice and in good condition, and the deck chairs by the side were great to just sit back and relax in before our massage. Myself and a friend were put in a double massage room together (seperate beds) which wasn't a problem, but might have been awkward with someone I didn't know as well, and it would've been nice for them to check with us first. However the massage and facial were both devine, I felt relaxed and my skin looked incredible afterwards. The only thing I would say about the massage is there was a heater on the wall that buzzed loudly now and again which was a bit jarring & annoying. Also I think we only got 60 of the 75 mins that the voucher entitled us to, but the experience was lovely so I would definitely return.

Visited July 2012