“Lovely and Relaxing!”

Ranked #9 of 47 Spas & Wellness in Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow. We look forward to providing you with a wonderful spa experience whether it be to relax, rejuvenate or invigorate. View our website for our varied and complete treatment menu. Please sign up for our daily Newsletter for the latest information on our seasonal and themed treatments for girls groups, men only and lots more. Signing up will ensure you have all the latest info on treatments, prices and offers. You will find a Newsletter pop-up subscription form as soon as you visit our website.
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Lovely and Relaxing!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Bought deal via groupon £65 for 2 people to receive 1x30 min massage treatment each and 1x30 beauty treatment each also use of the spa facilities for up to 2 hours. I got a hot stone massage and a facial. The treatments were so good and relaxing, the girl was really professional and good at her job, she asked if I had any problem areas I told her I have tension which builds up and hurts inbetween my shoulder blades from time to time and she spent some time on this particular area which was good. After the treatments I could of fell into a deep sleep. We went during the week, during the day so it was quiet, we got the hot tub, sauna and steam room to ourselves, and got a lounger no problems the pool is a good size, temperature and depth. The changing rooms and spa area were nice and clean. Although it is a bit strange that they supply plastic beakers with the jugs of water, its like the beakers I give my children! And the changing rooms are tiny with no private changing area at all, small mirror area and 2 hairdryers, but that's the only negatives I can think of. I've been to a few spas in Glasgow hotels and in my opinion this was the best one. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Visited June 2014
Ocean Rooms Man... G, Head Therpaist and Trainer at The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow Ltd, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear les_and_pat

Hope you are well

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review

I am extremely glad to hear that you really enjoyed your treatment and overall experience at The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow, we look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind Regards
Head therapist and Trainer
The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow LTD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Aberdeen, Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Staff managed to lose my booking and my boyfriend!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

First off, the staff were friendly enough and my treatment was nice. However...

1. After being repeatedly emailed and called by spa staff in the run up to my visit to confirm my boyfriend and I's treatments, when we arrived, the spa had no record of what we had chosen. Furthermore, the online price list and the paper copy in the spa are different. Therefore, what I had picked on the online version wasn't available on the paper copy and the staff and no idea what the treatment was. I must come to the conclusion that my email went into hyperspace and the conversation I had with someone over the phone went un-noted.

2. After a member of staff finally recognised the name of the treatment I had chosen, I then had to listen to 5 members of the spa staff round the corner from where I was sitting go into a mild panic as no-one knew how to do what I had requested. This was definitely not relaxing and not what I'd come to expect from what is billed as a 'professional' spa in a Hilton. My boyfriend and I even laughed out loud and made vocal our doubts as the staff were making no effort to hide the fact that they, and I quote verbatim, "didn't have a clue how to do the treatment".

3. After a more senior member of staff coming to the fore and swapping her client with me so she could undertake my treatment, I was taken into a treatment room as was my boyfriend. Unfortunately, the treatment room was on a corridor attached to the pool facilities and as such, amidst the soothing music on in my room, I could hear a child get their swimming lesson outside. I don't really think it's fair that I had paid a considerable amount of money to 'relax' when all I could hear was 'No Steven, kick harder! Kick harder!' from outside.

4. Despite the fact there was a shower in my treatment room, I was led in my robe to the gym facilities shower to wash off my body scrub. These facilities weren't the cleanest and I had no body wash or clean towel to dry myself provided. Nor was I advised in advance to bring these along, which I would have been happy to.

5. After my treatment finished, I was advised that I had the room as long as I wanted to get changed. After about 4-5 minutes, another member of staff walked in on me as I was fully naked. Obviously there was no 'swap over' or conversation had that a former client was still using the room.

6. Upon arriving back in the reception area of the spa, the member of staff who did my treatment informed me that my boyfriend should be finished by now. Therefore, he 'must be in the toilet or just getting changed' and that if I waited for 5 minutes, he would 'probably appear'. Not very convincing. After waiting 10 minutes for my boyfriend, I enquired with the gym reception staff if anyone had seen him. One of the staff kindly went into the changing rooms to shout his name etc to no avail.

We were staying in the hotel and had only taken 1 room key which was in my boyfriend's pocket. The spa staff all disappeared en masse, either to lunch or to do other treatments, and I was left by myself with no boyfriend and no room key. I then went up to my room and knocked on the door. No answer. Back to the spa, no sign of my boyfriend and was utterly lost. I then resolved to hang about outside our room where my boyfriend finally arrived looking just as confused.

Upon finishing his treatment, the spa staff member had said he could use the steam room/sauna facilities until I was finished. He asked how I would know he was there, to which the spa staff member assured him that they would let me know that he was in the spa. No-one told me where he was and the staff member who advised that he was finished and 'must be in the toilet' obviously just fabricated that as a general response and then left me sitting there. I must say, I was feeling relaxed after my treatment (despite being walked in on naked) but this stress-free feeling totally disappeared when I was left to wander around a hotel locked out because 2 members of staff couldn't relay a simple message.

All in all, I was left quite disappointed. The treatment itself was nice but the service was poor and to the detriment of my overall experience.

1 Thank scotshoegal
Ocean Rooms Man... G, Head Therapist and Trainer at The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow Ltd, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Scotshoegal,

Hope you are well

Thanks For taking the time to post your review on The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow Ltd.

Firstly i am glad to hear that the staff were pleasant and that your treatment was good
However i really do apologize for the way your booking and treatment were handled i will look into this and i can assure you that this matter has been taking very seriously and will be dealt with accordingly. I will speak to reservations about how your booking of treatment was not noted on the system as this would have made things easier and the correct therapist would have known what treatment was booked in and who was to do this. I will also pass on the information about the state of the facilities to the livingwell manager. I really do apologize and i would like you to contact natalie@theoceanrooms.com to discuss the details of booking in further

I hope to hear from you soon

Kind Regards
Head Therapist and Trainer
The Ocean Rooms Spa Ltd
Airdrie, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Do not go here”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I previously had went to the ocean rooms spa and thought it was a good deal through groupon and bought it again for my mum. Couldn't use my voucher until August!!! I asked to speak to a manager and they didn't care either. Sometimes you find that the Hilton have their brand they have their reputation they don't need the business so I cancelled this spa and bought a voucher for New Lanark spa and what a day we had and they treated us like royalty!! I will never go back to the Ocean rooms and seeing the reviews have just as many terrible ratings as they do excellent just shows you, save your money go somewhere else that cAres for their customers.

1 Thank sammyanne08
Ocean Rooms Man... G, Head Therapist and Trainer at The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow Ltd, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Sammyanne08,

I would like to apologies for your difficulty in getting booked into the spa, we are a very busy spa and we book up very fast however i will speak to our reservations team and see if there is a way we can make the booking process easier for future clients as we pride ourselves in making our clients happy and experiencing 5* treatments and we would not like the process before the treatments to be stressful in any way.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on natalie@theoceanrooms.com if you would like to discuss this matter further

Umbertide, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Unpleasant”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife went to this place expecting a "Luxury Cut and Blow Dry" service. It tuned out to be a quick and not worthy cut-wash-dry, completed in less than 30 minutes.
We have found the place through Grupon, and came and got the same treatment they offered with Grupon even without the voucher.
The place is small, and the personnel is very unpleasant. They guy is not the right person to work with customers: upset, unkind and did a bad job.
They are supposed to launch these kinds of offers to attract cutovers, but it totally did not work. We will never come back again.

Dear pilxs,

I would like to apologies for the way you felt coming into the hair spa we will look further into this and make sure that this never happens again

Glasgow, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Disappointing considering it's '5 star'”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Treatment was good value as i got a late offer promotion, however would have been very dissatisfied had i paid any more. The staff did their best and were very polite, the treatment they gave was itself very good, and i left feeling relaxed however slightly annoyed with quite a few little things.

There wasn't nearly enough chairs or loungers for everyone to be able sit down and relax.
A teacher was giving one to one kid swimming lessons i believe which wasn't causing any problems however compromised the whole luxury spa feel.
We hadn't been warned we were in a double room (which was very tiny for two), the room we had was unfortunately next to the pool (not all of them are) which meant we couldn't properly relax as we could constantly hear children shouting and splashing above the music.
Within seconds of the treatment finishing, we were both immediately given about a minute long sales pitch about further treatments etc, along with a leaflet, before even having a chance to get dressed. This really ruined the experience for me as it immediately snapped us out of our relaxed state the whole treatment created, it felt inappropriate. I understand the girls probably have to do this, but if so it should be much more of a brief reminder of the leaflet that's available, and a few minutes after the treatment when they say goodbye, when you have at least had the chance to get dressed.
Further promotion went on when we were quickly handed a leaflet about a new facial range later on while we were on the loungers. This was fine, however the girls actually then went to talk to the people in steam room about this, stood with the door open. Again i imagine they wouldn't have found that too relaxing.
Cold drinks were available there for free however there was often no new cups.

All in all the treatments were good, the staff professional. But remove the sales pitches, children at certain times possibly, and add more loungers and this would be much nearer a 5 star experience; which sadly is wasn't.

Visited May 2014
Dear Emma G,

I would like to apologies for your experience you had at our spa.I am delighted you enjoyed your treatments with us, I will share your kind words with The Ocean Rooms Spa Team.

The Issues mentioned regarding the facilities i will pass on to the living well health club manager as we are a separate company, That been said we will work together as a team to resolve these issues.

Also we will look into what information you are given when leaving the room and we will deal with it accordingly

Please do not hesitate to contact me on demilee@theoceanrooms.com if you would like to discuss this matter further