“Hair Saviours”
Review of The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow - CLOSED

The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow. We look forward to providing you with a wonderful spa experience whether it be to relax, rejuvenate or invigorate. View our website for our varied and complete treatment menu. Please sign up for our daily Newsletter for the latest information on our seasonal and themed treatments for girls groups, men only and lots more. Signing up will ensure you have all the latest info on treatments, prices and offers. You will find a Newsletter pop-up subscription form as soon as you visit our website.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I should have written this ages ago...

I loved my experience at the salon! I booked a Living Social deal for cut and highlights for only £32- amazing value!

I explained that as my hair is thick and wavy, if the layers are too short, I can end up looking like I have one haircut on top of the other. The hairdresser suggested longer layers to bring the style back to something more sleek. I hadn't had a patch test prior to the appointment so they booked me in for a colour a couple of days later. The hairstyle was so great and I felt more confident walking out. The hairdresser was also very friendly and sweet.
When I got my colour done, a different stylist was also very friendly and helped me pick a colour that was naturally cool ash, as supposed to brassy blonde (previous hairdresser). All in all, a lovely experience and I have recommended the place to people who have completed me on my hair. I will definitely be back again! Thanks girls! :)

1  Thank Mary B
Ocean Rooms Man... G, Head Therapist and Trainer at The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Mary B

Hope you are well

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review

I am extremely glad to hear that you really enjoyed your treatment and overall experience at The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow, we look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind Regards
Head therapist and Trainer
The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow LTD

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The staff were friendly and helpful but a part from that what a let down of an experience. The pool and juccuzzi was dirty with sand in it. As for our treatment, we were both squashed into the same treatment room which felt like a little cupboard. The cd kept jumping and the fan would make an awful buzzing sound every so often making me jump. Definitely not worth the money. Been to far better and less expensive spas. Wouldn't recommend it

Dear Kerrie M

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on The Ocean Rooms Spa Glasgow Ltd

I would like to send my deepest apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had with us on your recent visit to the spa.

The Ocean Room Spa Glasgow Is a separate company within the Hilton Glasgow, That been said we will look into all issues mentioned within your review into deep consideration going forward to improve and better our spa.

Please Do not hesitate to contact me Natalie@theoceanrooms.com if you would wish to discuss this matter further with you full name, treatment time and date

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My friend and I bought a deal for use of the facilities and spa treatment. I'm afraid to say, it was not an enjoyable experience at all. Upon arrival the receptionist wasn't at all clear on what we had booked, or indeed or names.

From there it went down hill, there is no room to get changed in, just a small area with some lockers. When we went into the pool, it was very busy (hence noisy) not what you would expect for something billed as a spa experience....it wasn't...AT ALL. A hen party also came in and took over the place, by the time it was for our treatment we couldn't wait to leave.

The therapist came and got us from the pool, I was taken into a room which was directly off from the pool, the music which was being played sounded like a sound track from some sort of war propoganda advert! I asked the therapist if it could be changed...couldn't as it was the only cd which worked, then of course the cd player didnt work at all so I was left with the sounds of the hen party and kids jumping in the pool...The massage itself was fine though, no complaints there. My friend has a similar experience in the room she was taken to which I believe was beside reception, her treatment only lasted 20mins instead of the 30mins billed. To top it all the parking cost 7quid....I have paid less for spa deals and had a far superior experience. Will not be recommending I'm afraid.

2  Thank leepixielee76

Dear leepixielee72

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Not really sure where to start, Mum and I enjoy the odd spa day here and there, we've done the Blythswood a couple of times (love it), we've been to the Sheraton in Edinburgh (could live there), so when we found a deal for the Hilton, we thought we'd give it a try and see if we could put a new one on our list. Safe to say I think our other two favourites have little to worry about.

So first up, we arrived for our appointment only to be told we were there on the wrong day, that it wasn't until the following week - no way to prove whose mistake it was, but we commented that we're not usually free on the the day we'd booked it for (the first day we turned up), but that we were that day....so after being turned away, we trailed back to the car, £4.50 down in parking fees despite being on the premises for a maximum of about 15 mins...

Anyway, we came back on the 'right day', and straight off we were hit with a sales pitch about how the products they'd be using on us in the spa were available for sale in their shop. We waited in the reception area of the spa for a bit, which was a bit like a Moroccan souk - loads of drapes and cushions, but it all looks like it was bought out of Ikea, about 10 years ago - all a bit chipped and faded.

We were taken downstairs and then had to wait for a fair bit before the therapists approached us - all the while sitting on a shelf, with more faded tat all around us. When they eventually took us through to our shared treatment room (which was a bit odd, but fair enough), we discovered a room that would only just be big enough to fit one person, never mind two. It was a good job we'd dressed quite casually because if we'd come in work dress, it would have been crushed to hell when we stuffed it into our bags. The treatments were nice enough, despite being able to hear the noise of a swimming class in the pool but the (young) girls were obviously keen to push sales of the products, as we'd not even properly 'woken' from our massages when they started again on their shop.

The 'fun' bit was still to come though - when they took us through to the pool changing area, it turns out not everyone has been wearing their plastic pool shoes (more commonly seen as hygiene hair hats...), as the floor was dirty and obviously not being kept clean. We were also not keen on the tiles around the pool -they were quite slippy, and one part of the walkway is VERY narrow and near the pool. We decided not to risk a dip in the jacuzzi, as there was something (I don't want to think too much about what) lying at the bottom of it, so we had a quick dip in the relatively cold pool, and then jumped in the poorly resourced pool (could do with having some shampoo as well as a random body wash) and left - without visiting the shop, as per instructed...

All in all. wouldn't recommend it, and like some other posters here, am not particularly interested in a cut and paste response from their 'manager' - I'd much rather hope that she spent the time sorting out a shockingly poor service that really lets down the Hilton brand, but I doubt it. Will stick the Blythswood spa in future, lesson learned.

3  Thank Louise M

Dear Louise M

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spa days are a favourite of both my daughter and myself but I can honestly say this is the worst! We were asked if we minded sharing a treatment room and although we were a bit surprised we said yes. We were put in a tiny room with two massage beds. There was no space between them and nowhere to put your clothes. The room was stifling, uncomfortable and noisy - it sounded as if someone was having swimming lessons in the pool. After our treatments we were taken to the ladies changing room and things went from bad to worse; the changing area was tiny and filthy; We didn't have change for the lockers so had to go out to reception in swimsuits, past the gym, to get change (no robes or slippers although I had asked for these when I booked). We then went out to the pool and jacuzzi; it was shocking - as with the Spa, the area is badly maintained and dirty; there was even something in the bottom of the jacuzzi that looked quite disgusting. We didn't stay long and will never go back!

Would also say to the manager, don't bother adding you cut and paste response - it is an insult. From reading other reviews, after my visit, it is obvious that people have been complaining about the standard of cleanliness for a long time and nothing has changed.

I would not recommend this Spa to anyone and am disappointed that a hotel such as the Hilton tolerates this situation!

5  Thank Helen T

Dear Helen T

I would like to send my deepest apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had with us on your recent visit to the spa and Living well Health suite.

The Ocean Room Spa Glasgow Is a separate company within the Hilton Glasgow, and also living well is completely separate so i will pass your on to the manager of living well. That been said we will look into all issues mentioned within your review into deep consideration going forward to improve and better our spa.