Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland
Ranked #34 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Glasgow Theatreland every year since it opened and on average we've been there on 3 occasions each year. We've been there so often that the staff on the reception desk welcomed us to our second home on our last visit!

We've found the staff to be very friendly throughout the last 13 years and the accommodation is always very clean and a good standard. We usually book a room with a sofa bed as it is ideal for watching TV and relaxing after a packed day in Glasgow.

We do indeed feel very much at home there and have no hesitation in recommending this location, particularly as there is a large and secure multi-storey car park just across West Nile Street. It is amazing that you can park there after 5.00 p.m. and pay only £3-£5 for the privilege in a large city like Glasgow.

We've stayed in other HIE's throughout the UK but this is the best and I recommend it without question.

Room Tip: As indicated in my review, I think the rooms with sofa beds are best value for couples.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cuillin999
MarkBurke, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. It is always appreciated by our team when we hear about our guests having a great experience. Customer service is one of the many things we pride ourselves in, from Reception to Breakfast Staff and our Housekeeping team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind Regards
Mark Burke
Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 11 August 2012

This was the second time I've stayed in this particular Holiday Inn Express. Its loction is ideal for my needs. All staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was just fine. having booked online recetion staff had all my details accessed with no problem and could even find I hold a rewards card with this chain. The online price was good but reception staff suggested I call direct to perhaps get an even better deal on my next visit.

As I spend evenings at cinema when I have the time this location was perfect for a nearby multi-screen.

Buffet breakfast was fine but would have been nice to have greater choice in hot breakfast, only sausage and scrambled egg on offer, no bacon.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
HIEGlasgowManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic comments about the hotel. It is always appreciated by the team when they hear about our guests having a great experience. With regards to breakfast, as we are an Express Brand, we only offer limited hot items on our free buffet. Full breakfast, if required, can be purchased for our sister hotel the Holiday Inn which is next door and this has an extensive range of hot items available.

Myself and the team are looking forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to Glasgow.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This was my first stay ever at a Holiday Inn hotel, and it was a very positive experience. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. There is a choice of soft or firm pillows, which I thought was a nice touch. My cousin, who has stayed at this hotel many times, said that the shower would be “the best shower you’ve ever had”. While not exactly life-changing, I will say that it was pretty good :) My room rate included a continental breakfast, although it was also possible to get sausages and scrambled eggs if you wanted this. The hotel is close to Sauchiehall Street and Buchanan Street, and about a 10 minute walk from Glasgow Queen Street railway station. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Petunia2130
HIEGlasgowManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for the lovely positive comments which you have written in your review. I am glad that we created such a good impression for you on your first stay with Holiday Inn.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Could not have asked for a better location, the rooms were clean and practical, reception and bar staff were very friendly and really helped make our stay, children were made to feel very welcome. We would defiantly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny C
HIEGlasgowManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Theatreland.
It was fantastic to read that the team really helped to make your stay!

We look forward to your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

Rooms as usual for a Holiday Inn Express - good stardard. Breakfast also very good
The reception staff were excellent, with practical advice about parking and getting around the city, which saved me money and a lot of hassle. I will certainly return to stay there again when I am next in Glasgow.
Only downside is the street noise - traffic, emergency vehicles and early morning refuse collectors.

Room Tip: Get one on the back, if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read your fantastic comments in the recent review you have written about our hotel.
It is always great for myself and my team to hear that our guests have left with a very positive impression.
We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Hotel is very near to Buchanan bus station and shopping streets. Breakfast is so simple. Rooms are very clean. Nothing to complain about. Thanks to the receptionists who called the technician to file the head of the broken lock of my luggage.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ritzy375
HIEGlasgowManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.

As you stated our breakfast is a simple complimentary breakfast to get you started on your day. We serve limited hot items with the continental breakfast as is the brand of a Holiday Inn Express. Some of our guests prefer to have a full breakfast and for this we direct them to our Holiday Inn hotel which is just next door for a very reasonable price.
I am so glad the team were able to sort the problem you had with your luguage. The satisfaction of our customers is always of paramount importance to us.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Glasgow.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I usually stay here when in Glasgow, due to location. Rooms are clean and have the essentials, nothing fancy. Shower soap and liquid soap are provided. Tea and coffee making facilities and hairdrier. Curtains could be a bit longer, to prevent light getting into room. Bedside lights aren't very bright.
Reception staff are very pleasant.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel.

I am glad your stay was a pleasant one and we look forward to seeing you again.