stayed here one night on 22nd April. it was sort of ok but way below the usual high standard of HI express. I've been a member of the rewards programme for years and currently am a gold member, this was a reward night. Over the years I have stayed in dozens of Holiday Inn hotels and I've always been welcomed as a gold reward member but not here. I didn't even get asked if I was a member.
The lift had a mind of its own. I was in room 269, all you can hear is the traffic noise. On the plus side though there was a choice of pillow and the bed was very comfortable but no face cloths in the bathroom,
Breakfast was very poor and way, way below the usual standard, No bacon, greasy sausages - ASDA smart price ones have more taste. Dry, presumably powdered scrambled egg, no salt and pepper anywhere to be found,the beans were ok I suppose but no trays and very little choice of rolls and croissants, I note that on other comments the manager has gone on at length about the breakfast being " free and complimentary" No it isn't........ as we all know there is no such thing as a free lunch ( or breakfast ) the cost of providing it is in the room rate so it isn't free at all...... What really set this hotel apart though was that when I left no one on reception said goodbye or asked if I had enjoyed my stay and had everything been ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is ideally situated in the heart of the city within the Theatreland district. Glasgow boasts a wide variety of shops, from high street stores to the fabulous Buchanan Galleries, the exclusive Princes Square and Italian Centre, and they are all within easy walking distance of the hotel. The hotel has 118 well appointed rooms and all rates are inclusive of continental breakfast and FREE Wifi access. The hotel has a bar which is open from 12:00 until late and a vending area where guests can purchase a wide selection of drinks and hot and cold snacks. The hotel is a perfect starting point for visiting the Highlands, Trossachs and other major towns and cities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland Hotel Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Glasgow
- Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland Scotland