Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland
Ranked #34 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 25 October 2008

Enjoyed weekend break at this Hotel. Very Helpful Staff, Nothing too much trouble. Very good location.

Room was not very big, but was very clean, and for the money we paid was very good value. Breakfast was okay good variety of foods, and tables cleared very quickly.

All in all Very Good Value.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JLS1959
KarenBurke, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2008

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.
It was good to hear you enjoyed your weekend and I'm glad the Hotel is considered to be good value for money.
Cleanliness is one of our main targets in this Hotel and it's good to know when we're succeeding.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2008

The front of hotel staff were the best ive had yet -very polite, helpful and so welcoming. I stayed for one night with 2 girls and the room was compact but very clean. So cebtral and luggage was left before we checked in so we could shop and again the next day- Nothing was too much for them. Other hotels should learn from this service.I didnt think the breakfast would be up to much for the price we paid but it was good for a continental one with yoghurt, fruit, toast, rolls, croissants , cheese, juice cereal and with mugs for our drinks.. WILL CERTAINLY STAY AGAIN WHEN WE GO TO GLASGOW FOR A SHOP.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank catmorri
KarenBurke, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2008

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to read positive guest feedback and it is also great to know in the current climate that you would return to stay with us on future shopping trips.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Reviewed 23 September 2008

This hotel is spot on the brand! Like other Holiday Inn Express hotels it is well situated, the room was clean, modern and fresh although quite small. It was basic (the only obvious "extra" is tea and coffee-making facilities) but that it is all you are paying for and it is good value if you can book in advance at the right time.
Both the receptionists I encountered were exceptionally helpful, pleasant and welcoming and would do credit to any hotel of any standard. There was a small bar which served beer at sensible prices (for a hotel!) - £2.60 a pint to be exact. If you have ever tried to get into a Glasgow bar on a Saturday night you would actually find the Holiday Inn bar quite welcoming! Breakfast was basic but quite good as long as you don't want anything hot (apart from the coffee which was very good). Fruit juice, cereal, rolls and coffee were more than adequate for me
Just two minor criticisms - I know that liquid soap must be cheaper than small bars but I hate the stuff and it is actually enough to make me go elsewhere. The other problem was the noise. I had a rear facing room and the choice of baking (it was very hot) or opening a window and facing up to the noise of Glasgow city centre on a Saturday night. I am not usually affected in a hotel by exterior noise but this was bad!
Overall, however, I had a good stay which more than matched my expectations and I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank ronfaddison
KarenBurke, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2008

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your comments, I was thrilled that once again our staff feature highly.

Liquid Soap is part of our company brand standard and is not unfortunately something that we can change. Further to your comments however, I have added bars of soap to our supplies list in reception and future guests can now choose the alternative.

I am sorry the noise outside proved to be a bit much, this is I'm afraid probably the only location drawback there is.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment and to give us the opportunity to implement changes when required.

Reviewed 23 August 2008

The hotel is centrally located in Glasgow, 5 minutes walk from Queen Street railway station and just across the road from the Buchanan Street bus terminal (where the airport shuttle bus arrives and departs from). The Buchanan Galleries (shopping mall) and George Square are also only a few minutes walk from the hotel and all the other shopping areas are within an easy walk. The hotel is right next to a large cinema complex.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the room was comfortable and clean with good facilities and the complimentary breakfast was very good.
I would certainly stay there again on my next visit to Glasgow.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
KarenBurke, Hotel Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow City Centre - Theatreland, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2008

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about our Hotel.
Your comments on the location, staff and cleanliness are invaluable and I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2008

This hotel was excellent. I flew into Glasgow and had a late pm arrival. I took a city bus to the Buchann Bus station, and only had a half block walk. Very convenient and exactly what I needed for ease of travel my first time in this city. I stayed here 3 nights.

The front desk staff was very helpful and their direct emails I sent prior, were quickly responded to.

Breakfast was fantastic, with many choices and good amount of seating. Never had any trouble getting a table.

Room was very clean and beds comfortable.

The location was also very convenient to the Milton St. Enterprise office, where I rented a car from upon leaving.

Did the Hop on Hop off bus which departed 1/2 block away, and walked all about the city.

Just overall, although, I do like staying in cheaper B&B's/guesthouses, the location for this city was worth the extra expense.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us.
The location of the Hotel is certainly one of our biggest attributes, however I was really pleased to read that our staff also feature highly in your review.
I do hope we will welcome you back to the Hotel at some time in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2008

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and then for a further 1 night after a 3 night stay at the Crowne Plaza hotel nearby.
This hotel is flawless - the staff are SUPERB - from the check-in staff - George, Mark & Georgia all deserve a special mention here as they are just TOP-CLASS, to the housekeeping girls who do such a great job of cleaning the rooms to the girls in the Great Room where continental breakfast buffet is served. Breakfast is perfectly adequate with great selection of cereals, fruit juices and various rolls, pastries, croissants etc. All of the staff here are extremely pleasant, courteous and friendly and above all they are great at their jobs. The manager of this hotel deserves all praise and full credit for running such a tight, professional and friendly operation. We have stayed in 4* & 5* full service hotels which could learn a thing or two from this place!! As for convenience of location, you just can't ask for more - Sauchiehall Street and all that great retail therapy are minutes away as are the theatres, and many wonderful restaurants. Buchanan Street station is directly across the road. Rooms are spotlessly clean with all the amenties you need and due to the professionalism of the reception staff here, check-in and check-out are seamless & hassle-free.
Stay here with confidence. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED*****

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Reviewer
Thank you so much for your delightful comments. I will pass on your sentiments to all of the staff involved, who'll be thrilled they've been metioned personally.
I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2008

Standard chain hotel. Modern fully-equipped rooms in nice location. Breakfast okay. Very clean. Helpful and efficient front desk. Good value for your money.

• Stayed: July 2008