Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,303 results
All reviews bus station city centre concert hall buchanan galleries reception staff excellent location breakfast was included car park would highly recommend this hotel twin room stayed here for one night cooked breakfast hie
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2016

This hotel was really great and very central for what we wanted to do.Lovely and clean and modern and breakfast nice and fresh.Coupled with a very obliging staff to make our three day break enjoyable. Our many thanks again..Very quite during the night considering it's location. Could do with some air conditioning.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Scott L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to receive your five star rating, along with such positive comments about our staff and breakfast. I am glad our staff were able to contribute to your experience in a positive manner. Our breakfast is currently going through a trial period, so it is very encouraging to receive your positive feedback.

We do have fans at reception for guest use if you find the room to be too warm.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in a family room with two children (aged eight and ten). The room was far too small to be set up with a sofa bed as there was no walkway around the bed which meant having to climb over the person you were sleeping with in order to get in or out of bed. This also meant there was very little space to unpack anything.
Additionally, it was extremely warm and being in such a small room with a family made this very uncomfortable. We did open the window but obviously for safety reasons this was restricted so let in very little air but a lot of noise!!!
The hotel itself is clean and staffed by pleasant people. Budget hotel, good location, ideal for couples to use as a base but not for families.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry that you found the room to be a little on the small side, unfortunately being a city centre hotel our rooms tend to be a little bit smaller and once the sofa bed is brought down this limits the floor space available. We do have fans available at the hotel for guest use if you find the room to be a little warm.

I am happy however that you enjoyed the hotel's fabulous city centre location and found the staff to be pleasant.

We hope you will return to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I stayed here last night with my family and the staff was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent! I would definitely recommend staying here. Great location as well,near shops, restaurants and concert halls! The rooms were very clean!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Scott L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2016

Dear valued guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your encounters with our excellent staff, and found the hotel's fabulous city centre location to be a positive. Our breakfast is currently going through a trial period, so your positive comments are encouraging and I will be sure to pass them on.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

We stayed here for two nights as we had some friends and family in this hotel for my son's wedding. Rooms were reasonable, given that it is an "Express" and the staff were very helpful.

Breakfast is included in the price and was tasty, fresh and plentiful.

The hotel is five minutes walk from the Buchanan Centre and other shopping, and only around 10 minutes from either Queen Street or Central Station, so very well located.

Room tip: Avoid a room near the elevator, especially on the top floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JayRae1
Scott L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2016

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read all of your positive comments about our helpful staff and fabulous location. Our breakfast is also currently going through a trial period, so it is encouraging to gain positive feedback about this.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

The staff here are terrific and they try really hard. The hotel is a typical holiday inn but the breakfast is really very good and varied. It is an easy walk to the concert hall, movie theaters, and Conservatoire. Nearby to bus station. Near Buchanan Street shops and many good restaurants and pubs. It is a very convenient place to stay.

Room tip: No air conditioning but we did not need it with windows open.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice S

Dear Guest

I was delighted to read your comments regarding our excellent, hard-working staff and fabulous city centre location. Our breakfast is currently going through a trial period so it is encouraging to receive positive feedback on this.