Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hurb
Hotels.com
Travelocity
1,303 results
All reviews bus station city centre concert hall buchanan galleries reception staff excellent location breakfast was included car park would highly recommend this hotel twin room stayed here for one night cooked breakfast hie
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

I was forwarded to this hotel at 3:00 in the morning from a neighboring hotel of the same chain.
I stayed only for a few hours but I left with good impressions.
The stuff were very polite, the room was good and the bed comfortable. Breakfast was also good.

On the downside, the wifi signal was very poor on the room's desk, although good enough in other areas.
Also, my room had no bath or shower tub (you had to stand barefoot on the floor in order to have a shower). Obviously it was a room for people with mobility problems. Perhaps it was their last room, but even in that case I believe that they should have informed me.

Trip type: Travelled solo
HIExpGlasgow, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased to hear we could accommodate you at 3am when you were sent from another hotel. A number of our rooms have fully accessible bathrooms rather than shower cubicles, it may have been that when you checked in we had no other rooms available and I am sorry if this caused you any inconvenience.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

When I started writing this review, tripadvisor reminded me that I had stayed here before and my previous review had mentioned it was a good hotel in a city centre location but needing someTLC. Well, here I am confirming that hotel had indeed a bit of a refurb and has in mind gone up in the world and left the ''low budget'' brand behind. The rooms and the bathroom look a bit more modern now and the décor is nicer. The biggest change is however the excellent hot breakfast which can really compare itself to any breakfast you'd find in a more upmarket hotel. It certainly set me up for the day and also for people in a rush, you can make up your own bacon buttie with fresh rolls and coffee to take away ! Staff are as nice and friendly as before so this hotel is a win-win

• Trip type: Travelled on business
HIExpGlasgow, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay and it is great to hear you had an enjoyable stay, and in particular enjoyed our new Express Start breakfast. This new menu is currently being rolled out across the brand and will be the new brand standard for all Express hotels.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Situated right on the heart of Glasgow on west Nile street, very well can get confused with Holiday inn right next door. There is no car stop in front of the hotel, hence you need to alight in front of the Holiday Inn and walk upwards into this hotel. It’s a 3mins walking from Buchannan bus terminus and the Royal concert hall. It’s also 500mtrs from Queen street station and 900mtrs from Glasgow Central. This is a very convenient location of the city center.
Usual budget feeling when you walk in the hotel and then move upto your room in a super slow elevator. The staff are although quite friendly. The room is a typical style of holiday inn with proper amenities in place. Its fitted with all modern furniture’s and look. The TV is too small and has unclear pictures to be seen upon. My room had a nice view of the road and had plenty of sunshine coming inside. The sleep quality is not very nice due to the structure of the bed. This did not give good night sleep for all the three days I stayed on.
The bath room is quite nice although the fixtures looked old. There is again only bottle of soap/shampoo to be used. Everything looked much protected inside. The best part was for the complimentary breakfast with the room for everyone. Although limited choice of items, but definitely offers a better start to the day. However the breakfast room in the first floor can get really busy and you may have to try your luck with a takeaway.
Overall it’s a nice place to stay for business or for vacation with family. The proximity to the city center and George square is the biggest advantage. I would recommend a stay.

Room tip: Rooms facing the Buchanan Bus Garage
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Aninda_mukherjee
HIExpGlasgow, Guest Service Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glasgow - City Ctr Theatreland, an IHG hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. It is good to read your comments and I am pleased to hear you would recommend the hotel.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

My wife and I stayed two nights, we found it good value for the money. Would recommend it if you are looking for a clean room, comfortable bed, with good amenities like free wi-fi, coffee/tea maker, excellent hot free breakfast and friendly staff. The hotel is centrally positioned.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank wi45

Dear Guest
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I hope you will choose us again for any future visits.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Good Value for a one or two nights stay, Very Clean, & conviently located to city centre 5 min walk away from Buchanan Street..& all the shops.. Great Breakfast ...Has all he Facilities you need Hairdryer in the room, Tea & Coffee Facilities & also an Iron & Ironing Board..+ free Wifi . For an Express Hotel I would highly recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and I am pleased to read your recommendation.