“Nice food”

Ranked #288 of 2,389 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney
“Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Came to eat here a few times during our stay in Glasgow as it very close to our hotel. The food is quite nice and is reasonably priced. Staff are pleasant and accommodating.

Visited May 2014

Somerset
“Wetherspoons with a scottish twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We ate here for four days - food was always cooked well and very tasty. Prices very good. Even had Neeps and tatties and Haggis/Scotch pies on their menu. Excellent coffee (Lavazza). We recommend highly.

Visited March 2014
Glasgow
“Bouncers waste of space well the childish ones ...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I often go in there as work for major bank lots of my colleges do.. After last night I will be putting up posters in work telling them of the horrible and embarressing situation I was in... 1 the young bouncer was flirting with me... I'm 47 !!! Then when I said no go away he told me I had too much to drink and I had to leave??? Luckily we were leaving .. On leaing I spoke to bouncer on door , I asked if I was too drunk and would he tell me to leave, his answer no you're fine ??? So let's just say if you say yes??? to young guy who prob gets £40 a night patrolling n scanning the pub for bait!!! Fill your boots and enjoy.. We moved on to numerous pubs and had a fantastic night ..... Hope you pulled young ugly guy in hat :)

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Robyncharlie17
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Wouldn't Return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

The service was the main let down with this pub. Staff didn't make us feel like valued customers at all. The bar staff member tried to pass off Pepsi as Coke which I know to be illegal and the glasses were warm. The food was poor; small portions, undercooked/overcooked, bland and not fresh. We did not receive a check back, and when mentioning poor food quality to the staff member who cleared our plates, we were ignored and were not offered coffees or desserts. Their policy is that you must order everything at the bar, including extra drinks. We feel this is bad practice as when our meals were delivered, I had to wait at the bar for a few minutes waiting for more drinks and my meal went a bit cold. We asked for comment cards and submitted a review on the Wetherspoons website. The only redeeming aspects of our visit were quick service and cheap prices.

• Visited March 2014
“Bad Breakfast ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived for breakfast at around 10am. We decided on here as we frequently eat at wetherspoons and have never experienced any issues. We ordered 3 large Scottish breakfasts (one without beans), a regular Scottish breakfast and a poached eggs on toast. The service was very quick which was surprising as it was very busy. On arrival the food was disappointing... Bacon, eggs, tattie scones, black pudding and Lorne sausages were all burnt or overcooked. The breakfast without beams had a few rough beans amongst the food. The toast was undercooked. The poached eggs were tiny. Overall it was a total let down, and really didn't set us up for the day as we had hoped!