“All-round great experience”

The Chophouse Brasserie and Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Scottish
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Chophouse Brasserie specialises in top quality Angus steaks. We are also famous for our “fall of the bone” baby-back ribs. We have a fine range of mouth-watering burgers. Our 2 course lunch at £7.95 is the best value home cooked menu in Glasgow. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We had a voucher deal for steak and fries, and we ordered starters and sides as well. Portions were generous, and the food and wine were excellent value. Smiling staff and a laid back atmosphere meant that we had a really lovely lunch. The sirloin steak was very good quality and we're planning a return visit soon.

1  Thank Lezmark13

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were at the restaurant to celebrate a birthday. The staff were incredibly helpful and efficient, even assisting in providing something which was not actually on the menu - have been in "famous name" restaurants where they were unable to do this! The food was excellent - the sirloin steak was cooked exactly the way I like it and melted in the mouth - the best steak I've ever had in a Glasgow restaurant. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank E W
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My Sister had purchased a voucher for dinner at this restaurant & it was our first visit to Merchant Square. We were pleasantly surprised with the friendly but professional staff & the food was delicious. We loved the atmosphere, would recommend it & will certainly visit again.

1  Thank Ann B
Starvin_Marvin79, General Manager at The Chophouse Brasserie and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear Ann B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

I am glad we surprised you! Sounds like we exceeded your expectations which is exactly what I and the rest of the team strive to do for every guest.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband and myself visited this Brasserie/Bar for a meal on Friday evening 21st June 2013. We had previously purchased a voucher from "it is on". I had a steak and husband a burger, they both were delicious and probably one of the best steaks I have ever had! The service was excellent and it is in lovely surroundings! Will definitely be coming back here again!!!

1  Thank Leighoneill

Dear Leighoneill,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

I am glad you were one of the lucky couple of thousand who managed to purchase a voucher from Itison and very happy that you had a great experience!

I hope you had the opportunity to complete a comment card and left your email address on it as we will no longer be using companies like Itison to offer deals. Instead I have 3 amazing offers going live on the 13th August for people who have eaten with us previously. The best part is these deals can be used as many times as you like during the validity period. A much better proposition than a solitary voucher! Please email me at barry@thechophousebrasserie.co.uk if you have not completed a comment card and I will add you to our database personally.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

we went as we had a bought a deal and we weren't disappointed. The starters are a little overpriced but tasty. The steak and chips were to die for!! Quite possibly the best chips I've ever had in a restaurant and the steak was melt in the mouth delicious. Then there was the pepper sauce - OMG I wanted to like the bowl.

My only gripe would be the service was a little slow but as we weren't in a hurry it wasn't a big deal.

Can't wait to return.

1  Thank kaz345

Dear Kaz345,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

Your comments are very balanced and informative and I am aware that towards the end of June our service was indeed a little slow some evenings as we were in the process of training a virtually new kitchen team.

The team work to a very strict set of guidelines which state that no product should reach the guest unless it is exactly as it should be and the same consistent quality. I apologise that on your night we were more than likely being fussy with what left the kitchen but I am very happy to say that the team are in sparkling form and those slower nights have been almost completely eradicated.

You mentioned that you bought a deal online. I hope you completed a comment card with your email address when you visited as from the 13th August we have 3 great offers for guests who have eaten here previously. Gone are our vouchers using intermediary companies, arriving are deals which can used as many times per month as you wish! If you wish drop me an email to barry@thechophousebrasserie and I will add you to our mailing list or even better, ask for me personally next time you visit.