“BUDDY HOLLY Story”

King’s Theatre Glasgow
Ranked #61 of 301 things to do in Glasgow
Reviewed 20 June 2014

An absolutely marvellous trip back in time. All players were wonderful - very talented and gave it all they had. The theatre was rockin'. Buddy was played by Roger Rowley who was outstanding. I would go again if I could. Don't miss it when it comes your way.
Nice old theatre but my seat was not too comfortable but it was not a problem as I couldn't sit in in too long as the music kept forcing me up to dance.
Friendly helpful staff in attendance.

All reviews
"great night"
in 34 reviews
"front row"
in 13 reviews
"great view of the stage"
"comfortable seats"
"beautiful building"
"cast"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Went to see "Wicked" at The King's theatre with my teenage daughter and sat in the second row of the Stalls. Haven't been to this theatre for some time now and saw some welcome changes. Plenty of space, comfortable seats and "wow" what a show. For a small cast the acting, effects, music and everything about this show was amazing. No wonder people follow it around the country! My only gripe with the improved theatre remains the lack of ladies toilets - queues last for the whole interval and there is little chance of having a drink at the bar and availing yourself of the facilities by the time the interval ends. Difficult to remedy in a beautiful, old building. Still love going to the King's and nothing beats live theatre.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Went to see this show at kings theatre , the show was very good with good humour , the theatre itself was ridiculously hot , so much that other people had left half way through , it's a lovely old theatre but this prob needs addressed . Anyway it doesn't take away the enjoyment of the evenings. We went on the last night which was a sell out , overall a great night despite the sweat dripping from my ears !!! :) .

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Saw Tonight's the Night last night, the show based around Rod Stewarts music. Great cast, fab actors and stunning voices. Being Glaswegian I've visited this theatre many many times and always feel the same excitement a I did as a child going to see pantomimes, it's an architecturally beautiful theatre with years of history behind it. Parking is easy at night, you can park on the many single yellow lined streets near the theatre or up at Blytheswood for free. The theatre has bars on each level although these are basic rooms with no seating they serve the purpose. I'd agree with other reviewers that the seats are cramped, the drinks are extortionate and it can get very hot, also the toilet facilities for women are inadequate - only 4 cubicles on the upper circle level. Also on this visit my bag was searched - yet my mother, who was waiting for me in the bar had not had her bag searched. You don't expect to be targeted for a search in a theatre - rather off-putting. I've been to the Kings at least 20 times and never had my bag searched - is a Rod Stewart crowd particularly dangerous!!? However, I still love visiting this theatre despite these negatives so if you're visiting Glasgow don't hesitate to go to a show here - just make sure you don't wear too many clothes, have a few drinks in Bath St before going in and get seats near the loos!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We attended the June 7 evening show and it was an embarassment. The actors/singers would have been excellent (if you could have heard them) but the audience acted like a bunch of morons. Where is the common courtesy of getting your self seated before the performance starts and remaining seated while the performance is underway. If you can't make it though an hour and a bit without having to go to the toilet maybe you shouldn't drink so much. It was a gong show! I can understand the crowds enthusiasm to sing along but when it drowns our the performers on almost every song what is the point of going to a musical to hear the crowd sing. My preference is to go and listen to the performers, after all that is what I paid for, not to listen to some liquored up audience perform. Combining the moronic behavior of some of the audience and the unbearable heat in the theater, it was a disaster.

1  Thank G C