“Relaxing - home in the heart of the city”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed three nights at the end of a long holiday and found it just perfect - centrally located and yet quiet. The apartment was lovely. As a modernised old buildings, the rooms were very modern, yet spacious with high ceilings and large rooms. We even had an entrance hall, which was a great place for all our suitcases! The staff were friendly and gave us directions and loaned us an umbrella when we needed it. There is no free parking, but the car park next door gives guests a 50% discount (ask at reception for a ticket) and rates are very reasonable. I would have liked free WIFI - they did have broadband but not free of charge. A great place to stay and very convenient.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
pamela_miller, Acting General Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2011

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites Glasgow. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will shortly be upgrading our guest internet to high speed wireless broadband so watch this space!
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are visiting Glasgow.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

Stayed here with friends and it was ideal as there was a group of us we could all get together in the one apartment before going out. Everything you need is in the apartments.

Ours overlooked a car park which wasn't an issue at all as we went out most of the time.

They only do a continental breakfast here which was fine. Nice hotel, very modern and is ideal for families as they have 2 bed apartments.

The location was great, within walking distance to everything just about and great bars and clubs on the doorstep. Ideal.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
pamela_miller, Acting General Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I agree with you that our apartments are ideal for a weekend break in Glasgow. Our apartments are more than twice the size of a standard hotel room and very centrally located for all the sights and nightlife that the city has to offer. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 3 July 2011

I was here for business and it was organised for me, but I was not disappointed. Large studio apartment with everything I could want (except free internet!!!). Comfortable and quiet with friendly staff. Good continental breakfast. No restaurant on site, but right beside a lovely pub (Maggie Mays) and an Indian. Central enough to walk to other restaurants near the Gallery of Modern Art. The train station is a 10-minute walk. All-in-all, a nice introduction to Glasgow and I would be tempted to stay again if ever in the city.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
pamela_miller, Acting General Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you for your review. If you or your colleagues are in Glasgow often, we may be able to offer special contracted rates for your company (inclusive of internet of course). Should you wish to enquire, my e-mail address is pamela.miller@frasershospitality.com.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

I just recently stayed at this hotel with one of my friends. When we got there they had some renovations being done to their front entrance. The lady told us that we need to take our bags up a back way with two flights of stairs. No one assisted us with our bags. The halls on the way to our room had water damage and looked really dirty. The front desk staff did not tell us anything about the room so after 20 minutes of trying to figure out how to work their electricity we had to call down to the desk. So overall not a good experience.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
pamela_miller, Acting General Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2011

I am sorry that you feel your experience of Fraser Suites Glasgow was hampered by some essential maintenance work. We have recently installed new entrance doors and it was necessary to use an alternative entrance for a few hours while these were fitted. I am sorry also that staff were not available to help you up the stairs with your luggage. If you would like to contact me directly, my e-mail address is pamela.miller@frasershospitality.com. We pride ourselves on our customer service, as you can see from other reviews, and I am sorry that on this occassion we have not met your expectations.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

Went to Glasgow on a girls weekend away. The Fraser Suites was perfect place to stay. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We were upgraded to the bigger room when there was mix up with the rooms, which was great because it was twice the size of the other rooms. The staff were so friendly and helpfull especially Malcolm (night porter). Really enjoyed our stay and we will be returning!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank fizz26

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I have printed this review for our staff notice board! It's great to hear positive reviews about our friendly staff and service. We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest in the near future.

Reviewed 13 May 2011

If you can swing the larger, slightly more expensive apartment room, do it. They are
incredibly spacious, very clean and nicely furnished. I kept thinking to myself, "I can't believe they don't sell this building and turn it into flats" - the rooms are that large. Ours room overlooked a carpark and abutted some office building - which was brilliant because it made for a very quiet night.

The staff is friendly and love to go outside and point the way to whatever it is you need. While I think this practice causes some confusion when the desk gets busy, it is a nice touch. Cabs do go by the hotel, and are reasonably priced, so don't kill yourself walking to Queen St or Central station.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rovingrobbie

Thank you for your wonderful review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again the next time you are in Glasgow.

Reviewed 5 April 2011

My room was big, nicely furnished, and with a lovely high ceiling. and the hotel is in a fab location.

But as you moved towards the two enormous windows the room got colder. The radiators at the back of the room were no match for the single pane windows. Even in March.

That's my only complaint, but I wouldn't say it is inconsisrable.

I'd save this hotel for summer.

• Stayed: March 2011