“Excellent Apartments - 1st Class Service”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #22 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent Apartments - 1st Class Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We have just checked out of the Fraser Suites Glasgow and I felt I just had to comment on the first class accommodation and service experienced at Fraser Suites Glasgow. Our apartment was so clean and comfortable and very spacious. The customer service from the staff is second to none. Nothing is a problem and I felt they really went the extra mile to ensure our stay was a pleasant one. Location excellent for shopping, you are in the Merchant City with everything on your doorstep. Looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

We booked into a suite on the 1st floor here only to find that it smelled absolutely foul. It was as if the previous person had not emptied their bin for a month. We complained and were shown a room on the 3rd floor - the whole floor stank to high heaven of greasy ingrained food. The suite we were shown smelled so bad I had to cover my nose and mouth. We did not stay here but were refused a refund from the incompetent staff. We booked into the Grand Central which was lovely. Never again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
pamela_miller, Acting General Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
I am sorry to hear of your experience at Fraser Suites. One of the benefits of serviced apartments is the space and kitchen facilities available to cook your own meals. I understand that you checked in at dinner time and there were cooking odours in the corridor. I must say this is not a common cause for complaint but I take on board your comment and we will certainly monitor this. If you would like to contact me directly to discuss, my e-mail address is pamela.miller@frasershospitality.com
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed three nights at the end of a long holiday and found it just perfect - centrally located and yet quiet. The apartment was lovely. As a modernised old buildings, the rooms were very modern, yet spacious with high ceilings and large rooms. We even had an entrance hall, which was a great place for all our suitcases! The staff were friendly and gave us directions and loaned us an umbrella when we needed it. There is no free parking, but the car park next door gives guests a 50% discount (ask at reception for a ticket) and rates are very reasonable. I would have liked free WIFI - they did have broadband but not free of charge. A great place to stay and very convenient.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
pamela_miller, Acting General Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites Glasgow. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We will shortly be upgrading our guest internet to high speed wireless broadband so watch this space!
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are visiting Glasgow.
Clackmannanshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Stayed here with friends and it was ideal as there was a group of us we could all get together in the one apartment before going out. Everything you need is in the apartments.

Ours overlooked a car park which wasn't an issue at all as we went out most of the time.

They only do a continental breakfast here which was fine. Nice hotel, very modern and is ideal for families as they have 2 bed apartments.

The location was great, within walking distance to everything just about and great bars and clubs on the doorstep. Ideal.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
pamela_miller, Acting General Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 8 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to offer a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I agree with you that our apartments are ideal for a weekend break in Glasgow. Our apartments are more than twice the size of a standard hotel room and very centrally located for all the sights and nightlife that the city has to offer. I hope we can welcome you back again in the future!
Belfast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I was here for business and it was organised for me, but I was not disappointed. Large studio apartment with everything I could want (except free internet!!!). Comfortable and quiet with friendly staff. Good continental breakfast. No restaurant on site, but right beside a lovely pub (Maggie Mays) and an Indian. Central enough to walk to other restaurants near the Gallery of Modern Art. The train station is a 10-minute walk. All-in-all, a nice introduction to Glasgow and I would be tempted to stay again if ever in the city.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
pamela_miller, Acting General Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 5 July 2011
Thank you for your review. If you or your colleagues are in Glasgow often, we may be able to offer special contracted rates for your company (inclusive of internet of course). Should you wish to enquire, my e-mail address is pamela.miller@frasershospitality.com.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Fraser Suites and I do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I just recently stayed at this hotel with one of my friends. When we got there they had some renovations being done to their front entrance. The lady told us that we need to take our bags up a back way with two flights of stairs. No one assisted us with our bags. The halls on the way to our room had water damage and looked really dirty. The front desk staff did not tell us anything about the room so after 20 minutes of trying to figure out how to work their electricity we had to call down to the desk. So overall not a good experience.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
pamela_miller, Acting General Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
I am sorry that you feel your experience of Fraser Suites Glasgow was hampered by some essential maintenance work. We have recently installed new entrance doors and it was necessary to use an alternative entrance for a few hours while these were fitted. I am sorry also that staff were not available to help you up the stairs with your luggage. If you would like to contact me directly, my e-mail address is pamela.miller@frasershospitality.com. We pride ourselves on our customer service, as you can see from other reviews, and I am sorry that on this occassion we have not met your expectations.
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2011

Went to Glasgow on a girls weekend away. The Fraser Suites was perfect place to stay. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We were upgraded to the bigger room when there was mix up with the rooms, which was great because it was twice the size of the other rooms. The staff were so friendly and helpfull especially Malcolm (night porter). Really enjoyed our stay and we will be returning!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank fizz26
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I have printed this review for our staff notice board! It's great to hear positive reviews about our friendly staff and service. We look forward to welcoming you back as a guest in the near future.