“Great Hotel for Older Family”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #23 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Large, modern, comfortable suite. We traveled as 4 adults and this hotel was one of the most comfortable places that we stayed and was by far the best deal of our 2 week holiday. Great location for downtown, staff were friendly, rooms were clean and very modern. We would stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed 28 May 2008

I have just returned from a fantastic weeks stay at the Fraser Suites in the vibrant, funky Merchant City area of Glasgow... My PA made the booking for me as an alternative option to your bog standard hotel room - what a decision! From the moment I walked in the door to the moment I settled my account the service and staff were first class.... Nothing was an effort for the staff - the housekeeping standards were as to be expected of a 4 star property and the front office team were friendly whilst remaining professional at all times. Ideally located in the Merchant City which suited all my needs, especially the local bars and beer! The shuttle bus which runs morning and afternoon into the city centre was a pleasant surprise, especailly as I got dropped off at the office door - FREE OF CHARGE! My only negative point would be the traffic noise from the front of the property. I mentioned this to the front office team who informed me that re furbishment work had begun and that all front facing apartments were having secondary glazing installed.... They are on the last phase of this project so I would not hesitate to recommend this property to any guests travelling on business or pleasure!
My PA has already made my booking for next week and I can confirm I will never return to a hotel room again! Well done Fraser Suites Glasgow....

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank Citrix31
Reviewed 9 May 2008

Our family of four stayed in the Fraser Suites apartment for 8 days and it was a terrific option for us. Our sons had a bedroom to themselves with a TV, we had our own bedroom, then there was a livingroom/diningroom/kitchen for all of us. The location is terrific for shopping and quick access to the train stations - no issues there!
The issues we had were:
1) The rooms were 'tidied' everyday, but not cleaned/vacuumed/supplies replenished. Tidied means beds were made, towels hung up, if not already done.
2) We ran out of dish detergent after 2 days and it was never replenished.
3) When we asked for linens to be changed after 6 days, the housekeeping staff 'forgot' to do it. They addressed it right away but still.
4) We had a family member try to contact us on two different occasions during the week and were told by the front reception staff that we were not registered with them...we'd been there for 2 and 6 days consecutively!
5) Front reception knew very little about how to answer our questions, for example - didn't know there was an internet cafe 2 blocks away...suggested using a library for computer access but couldn't give me an address or directions...they couldn't provide direction on recovering VAT costs...i.e. they didn't know the process and suggested I ask at the airport...
6) Of the washer/dryers available for use, 2/3 of each were working and staff couldn't fix the problem of it taking us 4 hours to do two loads of laundry!
7) They had a DVD library available but only 25% of the listed movies were actually in the hotel for lending! They were replenishing their supply the next week...and they did, but ...
8) Their housekeeping staff (always very friendly and wiling to offer help when asked) was not working during a bank holiday, that followed a Sunday, when their housekeeping staff don't work...that meant we had stinky garbage in our kitchen and no direction on how to deal with it since Saturday! No options were suggested, no support offered.

This accomodation is really great for families but they need to brush up on their customer service skills. More than just business people use apartments when travelling abroad, and for the cost ($250/night Cdn), you'd expect a lot more service.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2008

We travelled to Glasgow for my sister's wedding on April 18th and stayed 2 nights at the Fraser Suites. When you have 2 growing children it's increasingly difficult to find hotel rooms which fit everyone comfortably; so it was a pleasant surprise to happen across the Fraser Suites with its 2 bedroom apartments.

Reception staff were excellent, from the pre arrival call and through our stay, organising taxis and car park vouchers. I was very impressed with the quality of service.

The halls and corridors are very roomy but give the impression of walking through a multi-storey car park, albeit carpeted! There were pictures on the wall but it seemed a bit lifeless: no character. The carpets were strange too - gave the impression that there was always water damage on them.

The apartment itself was very roomy: 2 double bedrooms, kitchen/diner and lounge area as well as the bathroom with shower. TV with satellite channels and DVD player kept the children amused and the only real issue was with the ironing board which had a cratered surface.

If we'd have been staying longer and using the room more, we would have been disappointed with the view. Our 4th floor apartment looked out onto an expanse of concrete wall. If I craned my neck, I could just about see the pointy bit of a building poking into the grey skies over the wall! However, we were using the room mainly to sleep and get changed in, so this didn't bother us.

On the whole, a very good stay. Much better than a normal hotel break with much more room and facilities. A book in the room advised us that Fraser Suites were popping up across the globe. If the owners injected the same life and character into the Glasgow version compared to Bangkok and Sydney photos, no-one would want to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2008

Me and a friend stayed here for 4 nights at the end of March and can highly recommend it.
On arrival we given a double room instead of the twin we had booked. We were moved instantly without any fuss to the room next door. All the staff were very friendly.
Room was fantastic, very spacious with lots of facilities. Dvd player, sound system, Sky TV, microwave, fridge & loads of storage.
Its about a 5 minute walk to the city centre from the Fraser Suites. Plenty of places to eat/drink just metres away from the Hotel. The indian next doors very good!!
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2008

stayed here for a week in January. the suites are a good size ( bigger than the flat i used to live in)!! they have a small but well set out kitchen and good storage.

I had to change rooms 1/2 way through my stay (no fault of management) and both of the suites were great. they are clean, well decorated and well maintained. they are in Merchant city and there are plenty of resturants around if you dont feel like cooking. It is about a 10 minute walk from Grafton Street and all the shops.

staff were very nice and very efficient. will be staying there again

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2008

If you're staying longer than 2 nights in Glasgow this is the place for you. If you're after the 'Hotel experience' look elsewhere, here you've got your own living space with all you need to make life easier.
Our stay was four nights booked through Easyhotels, which turned out to be a bargain. I agree with the praise of most previous reviewers about the spotless modern accommodation. We had breakfast in the dining room on the first morning only, and made our own thereafter.
The hotel is in the Merchant City so there's bars and restaurants round every corner, as well as the main shopping drag starting from Trongate westward. Nearby there are 2 small supermarkets, numerous bakers and a Marks & Spencer food hall. Since the room has its own fridge and microwave you can live according to your means in true Glaswegian style.
I applaud Fraser Suites for following a concept that I hope hoteliers across Europe will adopt. As fewer Americans will make the trip across the pond now that the Dollar is sinking, the time has come for more establishments to empty the ripoff mini-bars and leave just the refrigerator for the use of its customers.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple