“Fraser Suites Argyle Street Glasgow”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Shanghai, China
“Fraser Suites Argyle Street Glasgow”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Rooms nicely done but why put extra toilet roll in wardrobe? Can't see TV from bed although sofa in room so you can sit and watch it. Over 3 days toiletries were never replaced and would not give a late check out. However my biggest issue is check in staff make you feel they are doing you a favour by giving you a room. I have stayed here regularly and there has always been an issue with check in, wrong days etc even although I have conformation. However after this experience I won't be returning here. Check in staff are not helpful, and seem to do their best to allocate unsuitable rooms. Even after asking not to be put in disabled room I was allocated one. Early check in not given even although I was sent email saying I could request it, and also late check out refused. Some serious staff training required. Sorry won't be back. Sadly failing in customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank flemingmuir
Robert M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you like the quality of our rooms, the extra toilet roll has now been moved back into the bathroom. In our studio apartments the television is located in the 'lounge' sector of the room allowing you to relax on the sofa to watch it. If you prefer to watch tv from the comfort of your bed then I recommend an upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment.

I am sorry regarding the issues you experienced on check in and will look into why the dates we had on our system differ to what was on your confirmation. With regards to early check in and late departure, we are happy to offer these subject to availability, these are not always possible and dependent on volume of business at time of stay.

We will always try to allocated a guests preferred apartment, this is not always possible, I am sorry that you do not like our accessible rooms, the only difference in these rooms is the bathroom layout, which is designed to accommodate guests in wheelchairs.

I am sorry that you have chosen not to stay with us again and I hope that you will change your mind in the future.

Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Just back from a lovely weekend in Glasgow, stayed at the Fraser Suites, the apartments are extremely well presented, a good size and well equipped. If you are a light sleeper I would recommend you ask for a apartment at the back as the bar below can be loud at weekend, apart from that they cannot be faulted. There are plenty of nice bars and restaurants to visit within walking distance. We will defiantly be returning.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 star review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wow when I walked into our room my jaw dropped fantastic size with kitchenette lounge massive windows and decorated beautifully. Great location the staff where friendly and you can park next door in the parking station which is locked at night it will cost you but you get a discount for staying at the Suites cost us about £10 for 24 hrs which is pretty good. The only negative is our room overlooked the street and the noise was pretty load from sirens to people yelling and general traffis our window also happened to have a floodlight on the window sill outside which filtered into our room, as I am a light sleeper this was a bit of a shame as I would have expected double glazed windows in a room so gorgeous. But in saying that I most defiantly would stay here again but I would request a room not on the street side.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being in the heart of the city there will always be an element of noise, as we are an 'A' listed building we are restricted in what we can do structurally to reduce this, however, this is an area that we will revisit this year to look at alternative ways to reduce noise.

I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in Glasgow.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in November, apartment was absolutely huge! Great bed, lounge and kitchen area with a lovely bathroom. No complaints about noise at all, reception were also really helpful. The apartments are in a great location close to Merchant City and Sauchiehall street is not too much of a walk away. Would definitely recommend- we will be staying again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank riadhpalmsreview
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

A one bedroom suite for £80. Very well designed modern rooms. A really nice big bathroom with good fixtures, big fluffy towels and a huge tub. A tv in the bedroom and living room. Free wifi. And a fully appointed kitchen.

Plus amazing service. Very welcoming. When I asked at the front desk if there was an electrical adapter I could use it was at my room before I could get there.

I didn't try the breakfast because there's a fabulous breakfast cafe less than a block away.
I

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your wonderful review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us at Fraser Suites.

i hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Glasgow.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed at Fraser Suites Glasgow 02/10/13, only the one night but we will absolutely return there next time!! Our suite was very comfortable and spacious and our stay was made all the more enjoyable by Malcolm, Concierge Extraordinaire. Malcolm went out of his way to assist us on places to go, where to eat, what to see and do, provided maps & information over and above any that we received in 8 weeks of travel - thanks Malcolm, we really appreciated your efforts and friendly manner - our only regret was that we couldn't stay longer. Loved Glasgow.

Room Tip: Centrally located - easy walking distance to many places of interest - ask for Malcolm - he's re...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly1807
Thank you for your lovely review. Malcolm was delighted when he read your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Went on a business trip but took teenage daughter. Lovely foyer and lovely welcome and our studio apartment was clean, spacious and really well equipped. Great shower and a lovely bath with lovely toilietries and the whole cost was £80. The place is so central so on a Saturday night you could hear noise outside but no so you couldn't sleep. I would absolutely go here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your 5 star review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.