“Excellent Accommodation”

Ranked #22 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Alloa
“Excellent Accommodation”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Fraser Suites as it was convenient for the wedding venue and we'd stayed before and knew it was good.
I'd phoned a week in advance to ask about early check in and they advised they couldn't guarantee, but to take a chance, so we did and they managed to get us into our room 2 hours early. The room was a studio appartment and was huge! Massive bed, couch, and kitchenette set up for two. All the faculties you could need, cups, classes cutlery etc. brilliant if you were staying more than one night.
The noise from the street below woke me up a few times through the night but I am a light sleeper and we were only on the 1st floor. I have stayed before at the weekend and it is noisy. If you're staying at the weekend get a room higher up.
Brilliant shower, posh toiletries, will stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn888
Robert M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here at Fraser Suites and that we managed to check you in before 2pm.

I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Glasgow.

Kind regards,

Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Excellent location, generous rooms, good bathroom and good natured staff - the Fraser Suites served us well on a recent trip to Glasgow. We had a bedroom, a sitting room with kitchen and a decent bathroom. We chose a room facing the back, for the sake of quietness (assuming the streets outside would be noisy. - perhaps wrongly?) and the downside of this was a view of a multi-storey car park. But we weren't there much when the view would have bothered us... A small price to pay for such good value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nick D
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. What the back facing apartments lack in view they make up for in the quietness.

I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in Glasgow.

Many thanks,

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Advised on arrival that as we didnt specifically request a quiet room nothing could be done!! We always thought that one element needed to support sleep was quietness?? Our was above a busy noisy pub Maggie Mays and in addition it faced directly onto the main thoroughfare and "Big Ben". Party goers noise persisted till 3.20 am and was taken over after that by HGVs . Staff not the least bit interested. Avoid this place like the plague

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, unfortunately last minute apartment requests can not always be accommodated. I always recommend that requests are made well in advance.

With regards to the noise, we will review this and see what further measures we can take to minimise disruption to our guests. I am sorry that you felt that the team here were not interested in your stay, it is certainly not the level of service that we strive to deliver and I will take this up with our front desk team.

I hope that you give us a second chance.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Rooms nicely done but why put extra toilet roll in wardrobe? Can't see TV from bed although sofa in room so you can sit and watch it. Over 3 days toiletries were never replaced and would not give a late check out. However my biggest issue is check in staff make you feel they are doing you a favour by giving you a room. I have stayed here regularly and there has always been an issue with check in, wrong days etc even although I have conformation. However after this experience I won't be returning here. Check in staff are not helpful, and seem to do their best to allocate unsuitable rooms. Even after asking not to be put in disabled room I was allocated one. Early check in not given even although I was sent email saying I could request it, and also late check out refused. Some serious staff training required. Sorry won't be back. Sadly failing in customer service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank flemingmuir
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you like the quality of our rooms, the extra toilet roll has now been moved back into the bathroom. In our studio apartments the television is located in the 'lounge' sector of the room allowing you to relax on the sofa to watch it. If you prefer to watch tv from the comfort of your bed then I recommend an upgrade to a 1 bedroom apartment.

I am sorry regarding the issues you experienced on check in and will look into why the dates we had on our system differ to what was on your confirmation. With regards to early check in and late departure, we are happy to offer these subject to availability, these are not always possible and dependent on volume of business at time of stay.

We will always try to allocated a guests preferred apartment, this is not always possible, I am sorry that you do not like our accessible rooms, the only difference in these rooms is the bathroom layout, which is designed to accommodate guests in wheelchairs.

I am sorry that you have chosen not to stay with us again and I hope that you will change your mind in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Just back from a lovely weekend in Glasgow, stayed at the Fraser Suites, the apartments are extremely well presented, a good size and well equipped. If you are a light sleeper I would recommend you ask for a apartment at the back as the bar below can be loud at weekend, apart from that they cannot be faulted. There are plenty of nice bars and restaurants to visit within walking distance. We will defiantly be returning.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 star review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wow when I walked into our room my jaw dropped fantastic size with kitchenette lounge massive windows and decorated beautifully. Great location the staff where friendly and you can park next door in the parking station which is locked at night it will cost you but you get a discount for staying at the Suites cost us about £10 for 24 hrs which is pretty good. The only negative is our room overlooked the street and the noise was pretty load from sirens to people yelling and general traffis our window also happened to have a floodlight on the window sill outside which filtered into our room, as I am a light sleeper this was a bit of a shame as I would have expected double glazed windows in a room so gorgeous. But in saying that I most defiantly would stay here again but I would request a room not on the street side.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being in the heart of the city there will always be an element of noise, as we are an 'A' listed building we are restricted in what we can do structurally to reduce this, however, this is an area that we will revisit this year to look at alternative ways to reduce noise.

I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in Glasgow.

Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights in November, apartment was absolutely huge! Great bed, lounge and kitchen area with a lovely bathroom. No complaints about noise at all, reception were also really helpful. The apartments are in a great location close to Merchant City and Sauchiehall street is not too much of a walk away. Would definitely recommend- we will be staying again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank riadhpalmsreview
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning.

I look forward to welcoming you back.