“Awesome hotel, great staff and fantastic location!”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #26 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome hotel, great staff and fantastic location!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

After a long over night flight from Canada, we took the airport bus into the city center and walked to the Fraser Suites. Very easy to find and just a short walk from George Square.

Great location, easy walking distance from lots of shopping (St. Enoch and Buchanan), restaurants, pubs, and sightseeing.

When we arrived, Malcolm and Teresa greeted us at reception and were extremely welcoming and very helpful. They stored our bags as it was too early for us to check in and gave us a quick lay of land in Glasgow. They gave us lots of ideas and things to do before check in time.

Once we checked in, we had an awesome room!
Nice and very comfortable king bed complete with a sitting area and kitchenette with stove top, microwave, sink and fridge.

Bathroom was great too, nice big towel, heated towel rack and nice shower.

We were only staying for one night in Glasgow and I wish we had extended our stay in this hotel because it was awesome.

Would definitley stay here and again and recommend to anyone looking to stay in Glasgow at a great hotel at a great price!
Big thanks again to Malcolm for making our first days in Scotland so wonderful and for being so helpful!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bextravelingtoes
Robert M, Front Office Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to right a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Glasgow and that Malcolm and Teresa gave you a warm welcome to Fraser Suites. I have passed your comments onto them.

I hope you will choose Fraser Suites for your next visit to Glasgow and I look forward to welcoming your back again soon.

Robert

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This is the best concept in town.. it is a very nice place to stay the room are cavernous and modern woth slick design... everything has been thought of and there is a cooker and high quality utensils...

The shower and bath are great and woth qulaity shampoo etc

The staff are not so forthcoming but I find this refreshing... when I wanted them they were there akd knowledgable and informative...

Best place in glasgow for independent and anominous travellers

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, during our recent refurbishment we took a lot of care and attention with our apartments to allow us to create a home from home experience for all our guests.

I am pleased to see that our team were there when needed and were able to assist you.

I hope you pick Fraser Suites when you next visit Glasgow.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This is my second stay at this specific property and I am still not happy with the initial welcome that you get from the reception staff at the check in desk as It feels very clinical and cold?

Having only returned from the Far East a couple of weeks ago I experienced a much warmer guest welcome from all the properties (front of house staff) that we stayed at v Fraser Suites in Glasgow.
When you arrive at a hotel the reception staff are your first point of contact.
The reception staff at the Fraser Suites Glasgow need to up their game. Staff training / role play should be considered so the customer experience can be improved.
The hospitality business has a lot of both large and small competitors providing a far superior customer service experience than Fraser Suites Glasgow is currently offering, in my opinion?

My apartment was modern and of a good size, providing a cooker, microwave, cooking utensils,cutlery, dinning table and chairs. The bathroom has a powerful rain shower / bath tub combination, general room furniture, Iron with board.

The bed was large and very comfortable and provided a good nights sleep.

Hotel location is very good and only a short 10 minute walk from the main BR rail stations - Central or Queen Street.

However when I am next a visitor to the city of Glasgow it will not be to the Fraser Suites or to those in Asia that I had been considering using. For me personally "Customer Service" is an important part of the overall hotel experience and this is missing from this property.

At the Phachara Suites in Bangkok for example when the Bell Boy was in the lift with us taking our luggage down to the reception desk, he was asking us both if we had completed our hotel experience card and if we had enjoyed our stay? Not one of these cards anywhere in this hotel room or mentioned at the desk. So if these room cards were introduced then maybe some of the points above could be quickly addressed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor possible, the floor boards creak when people walk on them and th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay and found our location suited your needs whilst visiting Glasgow. I am concerned regarding your comments about your welcome on arrival, we have worked very hard on our customer service and this has been reflected in reviews on trip advisor and also being accredited with 'investors in people' award. I will certainly pass your comments onto our front desk team.

With regards to your comments regarding 'comment cards' we have moved on from traditional in room comment cards as these are often completed before guests have checked out and therefore not give a true reflection for their stay and have moved onto an online review, the link is emailed to you on departure.

I hope you reconsider your decision not to stay with Fraser Suites again as I would like to have the opportunity to show you that our welcome in Glasgow is warm and full of Scottish Hospitality.

Sydney
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We spent 2 nights here in December the room was a good size, clean and warm.
The staff were great and parking was either on the street overnight or in the parking station next door where you get discount.
However I am not a great fan of the shower holder or pressure was just ok

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments regarding the shower holder and water pressure onto our maintenance team to investigate.

I hope to welcome you back to Fraser Suites Glasgow again soon.

Mold, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My best friend and I booked this a few months ago and had no knowledge of what we'd get for £72 each for two nights - we got more than we could have hoped for. Lovely, polite people, helpful, kind. The room was massive! High ceilings, with plenty of space and warm, (we had to turn the thermostat down!) Two comfortable single beds, a lovely seated area and kitchen with everything we would need - tea/coffee/sugar/milk and BISCUITS!!! The bathroom was clean and modern, clean towels and a lovely power shower with smellies! And not cheap toilet paper either!!!
It had ironing board and iron, hairdryer - it was brilliant and for that price, we couldn't have asked for more!
On our second morning we decided to have their continental breakfast which was only £6 and lots of choice and we could help ourselves to as much tea/coffee/sugar etc.
It is in the heart of Glasgow and perfect for our weekend away. They even booked a taxi for us to the concert!
Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank derwenna1
Thank you for your lovely review! I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the apartment ideal for your requirements.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Can't fault this accommodation. Great location for restaurants and pubs in the merchant city. Everything on the doorstep. Quality of apartment was very good - lots of space, great shower and super huge comfy bed. Have read other reviews about noise but we had no such problem. Easy check in and check out and very pleasant staff. Would defo return.

Room Tip: Think we had a deluxe room so maybe worth upgrading?
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree the beds are comfy!! It makes such a difference when you are not in your own home.

I am pleased you found the team here at Fraser Suites pleasant and I have passed your comments onto them.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Alloa
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Fraser Suites as it was convenient for the wedding venue and we'd stayed before and knew it was good.
I'd phoned a week in advance to ask about early check in and they advised they couldn't guarantee, but to take a chance, so we did and they managed to get us into our room 2 hours early. The room was a studio appartment and was huge! Massive bed, couch, and kitchenette set up for two. All the faculties you could need, cups, classes cutlery etc. brilliant if you were staying more than one night.
The noise from the street below woke me up a few times through the night but I am a light sleeper and we were only on the 1st floor. I have stayed before at the weekend and it is noisy. If you're staying at the weekend get a room higher up.
Brilliant shower, posh toiletries, will stay again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dawn888
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time here at Fraser Suites and that we managed to check you in before 2pm.

I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Glasgow.