“Hidden gem in heart of Glasgow”

Fraser Suites Glasgow
Ranked #23 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here with my family for two nights to celebrate my son in law's 50th birthday. The apartments are immaculate, spacious and well furnished and the staff were so welcoming and helpful. The location could not have been better, in vibrant Merchant City with amazing bars and restaurants and the price was very reasonable. Can't wait for my next visit, will definitely be a regular

Room Tip: Tends to be noisy at night, but what else can you expect in the heart of a busy city
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Pembo 43,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful review regarding your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our apartments spacious and well furnished, even our smallest apartment is nearly two and a half times the size of a standard hotel room. Our location in the heart of Merchant city allows you to enjoy all that this wonderful city has to offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in Glasgow one night, so we were all for being in the middle of it and participating in the night life. The Fraser Suites is definitely located in the middle of it all, and as many of the other reviews suggest, the surrounding noise is hard to avoid. Based on other reviews, we had requested a higher level, back of the building room, but we could still hear street noise. There are a number of popular bars, pubs, clubs, restaurants, shopping within walking distance too. Even a short walk or cab ride to the bus/train station and shuttle to the airport.

Additionally, our floor had two bachelorette parties going on. However, we only heard them getting ready and nothing in the later hours of the evening. Even with the bedroom set off the main hallway, we could hear the groups as they went to the elevator or from their room around the corner. Even with the windows closed, street noise from rowdy groups or just intoxicated individuals echoed through the alleys and off the buildings.

The room was a good size, clean and we enjoyed having a small kitchenette and fridge in the room.

For one night in Glasgow, the Fraser Suites was a good spot for us, but if you're looking for a calm, relaxing, quiet evening in your hotel room, I would not recommend this hotel as an option.

Room Tip: Request higher up rooms, in the back, off the street side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drew M
Robert M, Operations Manager at Fraser Suites Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Drew M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Fraser Suites Glasgow, I am pleased to see that our city centre location put you right at the heart of the action in the bustling city centre. I am sorry that you experienced noise from the street during your stay. The streets of Glasgow are quite narrow and on occasion noise can echo up the height of the buildings.

If we are aware of a hen party being in the building we try where possible to allocate their rooms together, this helps to minimise noise in other parts of the building.

I am delighted that you found your room a good size, being nearly 2 and a half times the size of a hotel room with the added kitchen and lounge facilities our rooms give you a true home from home experience whether here for one night or a longer stay.

I hope to welcome you back to Fraser Suites the next time you are in Glasgow.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked these apts so my daughter would have the room she needed to get ready for her wedding. In that respect it was good. The apts were well furnished and equipped apart from the lack of air conditioning which was a major problem for us on the 4th floor. The fans provided were not adequate and noisy. There was also a dreadful and constant loud hum from extraction systems for the multi storey car park next to us. I accept that one has to expect some noise when staying city centre but between the street noise, the fans, the heat and the extraction unit it was pretty miserable for us trying to sleep on both nights and also during the day when getting ready. Not what we expected at all when we booked. They were busy so chance to move. Two couples from our party left after a few hours due to the totally unacceptable racket from a bar downstairs with live music. It amazes why Fraser Suites think anyone would want to sleep above that - really demeaning, in my opinion. We only stayed because my daughter was the bride. I would never consider this apt group ever again and would advise others not to book the Glasgow suites.

Room Tip: There is no AC here so avoid.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jogojo1152

Dear jogojo1152,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Fraser Suites Glasgow. I am pleased to see that our spacious rooms gave your daughter the space needed to get ready for her special day.

Being in the heart of the city centre noise is always inevitable, however, excessive noise is not. We are working closely with our neighbours and Glasgow City council to resolve this issue to ensure that all our guests have a comfortable sleep. The comfort of our guests is of the highest importance to us and I am extremely disappointed that this has not been your experience.

I am sorry to see that you would not recommend us. I hope you will give us the opportunity to show you that what you experienced is not our usual gold standard. I would be delighted to discuss this further with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me on Robert.mclaughlin@frasershospitality.com

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I agree, in total, with reviewer of 1 week ago, MRJ20142014, from London. Not much more I can add but that we left after 3 hours! To accept guests into a hospitality establishment with a live band in the restaurant below, without telling you, is unacceptable. I also agree with reviewers that the Reception staff need training in how to welcome people. Equally "non-plussed" when we said we were leaving. Other guests also left that night. The decor is dull, we were very warm, and unable to hear ourselves speak. We went into the street to go for a meal and after being accosted by people begging for money 3 times, we decided to get a few provisions at the small supermarket nearby. It had a security guard! Vibrant Merchant City it is not! We left upset but very soon we were happy and settled in the Hilton. Now, that is where you get hospitality at it's best!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Patricia C

Dear Patricia C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience at Fraser Suites. I am extremely concerned that you left after only 3 hours. We have never encountered this with a guest before. With the eyes of the world on Glasgow due to the upcoming Commonwealth Games, the city is experiencing a carnival atmosphere and being in the heart of Merchant City we are a prime site for the celebrations. The bars and restaurant below the property have a varied program of events daily, and the live music on the day you stayed actually finished at 10pm. I am sorry you were not told this and as a result chose to leave at 6.30pm .

I disappointed that you felt our customer service fell short of expectation. We pride ourselves on delivering gold standard customer service, having recently won the best hospitality accolade for Serviced Apartments at the 2014 Scottish Hotel Awards, I am extremely upset that we did not delver on this occasion.

I would like to discuss your experience with us further and hopefully be permitted to invite you back to our property for a chance for us to change your opinion. Please do not hesitate to contact me on Robert.mclaughlin@frasershospitality.com

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Although first impressions were great; check in was very pleasant and quick, the apartment was very spacious and rooms good size (there were 3 of us staying in a 2 bed apartment). We quickly discovered that the rooms were extremely hot!! Luckily myself and partner found a fan in our cupboard so were quick to plug that in along with opening ALL of the windows. Although none of the heaters appeared to be on, we realised that when our card was in the slot which turned the elctricity on the bathroom towel rail came on. Obvioulsy this is on the dry things out, but there was no need for it to be on full blast. With the fan myself and partner managed to sleep ok on the first night, however my friend who is from Australia and used to the heat didn't!!
On our second night we asked reception if they had any fan's for our friend, only to be told they were all out and that as we were on the 3rd floor heat rises so there is nothing they can do about it....once again another sleepless night for our pal.
You might be thinking I'm moaning for no reason, however we were in Glasgow for a close friends wedding and manage of the other guest and bride and groom were also staying in Fraser Suites. On the wedding day we spoke to one couple who actually ended up moving hotels to escape the noise from the downstairs bar which they were told would close at 3am. Even the mother of the bride commented how she would have moved hotels had it not been for not wanting to upset the bride to be.
I nice temperature is not a lot to ask for when your paying £184 a night!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Verity L,

Thank you for your recent review, I am pleased that we wowed you on arrival, and that our check in was pleasant and efficient, we pride ourselves on delivering gold standard customer service.

I am also pleased that you found our apartments spacious, being nearly 21/2 times the size of a standard hotel room our rooms certainly give you the space to relax during your stay.

I am sorry that you found the heat within your room was unacceptable and that reception were not sympathetic when you raised your concerns with them. We have taken steps to ensure that all of our rooms have electric fans in them to provide some relief from the heat. I have also instructed all my housekeeping team to ensure towel rails are switch off to stop them contributing the heat in the rooms.

I hope this experience has not put you off staying with us in future and please visit our website at frasershospitality.com to receive the best rate for your next stay.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I travel to Glasgow quite regularly and have stayed at a few different hotels in the city in different locations. This was my 3rd time staying at the Fraser Suites and I always end up coming back to this hotel. I've never had a bad experience there and the staff are very helpful.

Rooms are great. The fact that even in the studio bedrooms you get the kitchen facilities, lounge area, make it so much nicer than a regular hotel room and generally it's for the same price or less (if you're lucky!) Good location for the bars, restaurants in Merchant City and only approx £5 for a cab to the other side of the city. I've just booked it for my next visit too! I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear EB_02,

Thank you for your delightful review, I am pleased that you enjoyed yet another stay with us and delighted that you have already booked to return!!

I am pleased that you find our team here at Frasers helpful, we pride ourselves in delivering gold standard customer service. Being located in the heart of merchant city with some of Glasgow's finest restaurants and bars on our door step we are certainly an ideal base whether you are visiting Glasgow for work or leisure. If you are staying in a Studio, 1 bed or 2 bedroom apartment, we offer the space and facilities need to truly have a home from home experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed in Frasers suites for more than 8 months. It is best however the only one and bigger problem of staying for longer durations is the beds. The beds are new but at its worst state I.e. It will sink you in which will eventually end you up in developing severe back pains. This kind of beds are only okay for short stays like 2-3 days.
Even after several requests the house keeping management couldn't arrange for a single hard mattresses in my entire duration of stay.
Since it has serviced apartments it is probably the best option for working people. But the beds make your longs stay uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Fraser Suites Glasgow, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you found our new Sealy beds were not adequate for your long stay. We certainly could of arranged for a firmer mattress to suit your requirements.

Being market leaders in the extended stay market, we pride ourselves in delivering gold standard customer service and ensuring that our guests have that true home from home experience especially when they are away from their own home and family for long periods.

I hope you return to stay with us soon, please contact me directly on your return and I will arrange a suitable mattress for you.